Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tires View Post
Of course it needs to be coordinated, but that sets up the high prices since the crane company can charge whatever they want if you want to take advantage of the home warranty service. The warranty service either pays $0 or whatever the cap towards the crane is and you pay any amount over that amount the crane company decides since you can't shop the price against competitors.
Actually, it had nothing to do about price, but who was available. In the summertime they are crazy busy. And yes, they all charge more, especially in the summertime. Plus most people do not care when it is 110 outside, they just want their air back on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 12:49 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You seem utterly determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

In general you are on the hook for the service fee. Other than that you can do it however you wish. I generally do my own thing and send them the bill. They pay whatever they will pay for that item. IN general I buy somewhat better equipment then they want to pay for...so I generally put out a few bucks. On the water softener I think I ended paying about $150.

If I can ever get my ACs to fail I expect they will cost me between $1000 and $1500 each.
So what company do you use olecapt? This TotalProtect is tempting since it's the bank that holds the mortgage and the payment is added on the mortgage payment. But maybe I can do better than $39 a month and get better coverage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas