U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:14 PM
 
Location: mexico
29 posts, read 52,692 times
Reputation: 28

Advertisements

I really think that that hotel is about 2 be destroyed
its so old.. its kinda ugly too and its between 2 new expensive hotels and in front of wynn..
I really think its just a matter of time or business fot that hotel to be taken down..
what do you think?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 34,309,184 times
Reputation: 5480
Although it has been old and ugly since the day it opened, it is a Las
Vegas icon, and I personally would hate to see it go. Besides, nobody wants to build any new hotels now, and that's about the only reason to tear one down.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:14 PM
 
9,488 posts, read 13,800,691 times
Reputation: 23724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmacho View Post
I really think that that hotel is about 2 be destroyed
its so old.. its kinda ugly too and its between 2 new expensive hotels and in front of wynn..
I really think its just a matter of time or business fot that hotel to be taken down..
what do you think?
I think you don't know what you're talking about...starting with the fact that Circus Circus is about 3/4 mile from Wynn, not in front of it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:28 PM
 
579 posts, read 925,277 times
Reputation: 371
During the boom MGM was quite open about how they had no plans to demo Circus Circus and considered it an asset to the company. I don't see why that would be any different now.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Oz
91 posts, read 184,444 times
Reputation: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Although it has been old and ugly since the day it opened, it is a Las
Vegas icon, and I personally would hate to see it go. Besides, nobody wants to build any new hotels now, and that's about the only reason to tear one down.
Ahem... "Cosmopolitan Now Open"

Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
 
579 posts, read 925,277 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb111 View Post
Ahem... "Cosmopolitan Now Open"

Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
They broke ground on that in 2005 though. We're talking about a whole different world now.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Oz
91 posts, read 184,444 times
Reputation: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
They broke ground on that in 2005 though. We're talking about a whole different world now.
Tis true, but they forged ahead two years after the meltdown and still opened hiring somewhere in the neighborhood of 4500 people, so nothing is impossible..

and w/o a bailout I might add
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
 
89 posts, read 221,522 times
Reputation: 83
I work for an MGM property and from what I hear, Circus Circus is doing very well. With all the trendy, high-class, luxury properties going up on the strip, the lower end niche is rather underrepresented. Plus, there is no personality in these cold, cookie-cutter, ultrachic resorts. In talking to lots of guests, I gather that people are again longing for the fun, highly-themed, lower-class debaucherous casinos that vegas is famous for.

Clearly, the whole luxury style only sprang up during the economic boom when everyone had a home equity loan and were pretending to be rich and classy. That style is no longer relevant to the vast majority of tourists. The luxury casinos are already outdated remnants of a bygone era.

Call me low class, but even with that nauseating pink carpet, I'd much rather party and gamble at Circus Circus than I would City Center.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Home!
9,281 posts, read 11,232,335 times
Reputation: 9202
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinVegas View Post
I work for an MGM property and from what I hear, Circus Circus is doing very well. With all the trendy, high-class, luxury properties going up on the strip, the lower end niche is rather underrepresented. Plus, there is no personality in these cold, cookie-cutter, ultrachic resorts. In talking to lots of guests, I gather that people are again longing for the fun, highly-themed, lower-class debaucherous casinos that vegas is famous for.

Clearly, the whole luxury style only sprang up during the economic boom when everyone had a home equity loan and were pretending to be rich and classy. That style is no longer relevant to the vast majority of tourists. The luxury casinos are already outdated remnants of a bygone era.

Call me low class, but even with that nauseating pink carpet, I'd much rather party and gamble at Circus Circus than I would City Center.
I agree! If I wanted high end luxury I would go to Manhattan. It is ok to have a few, but I sure hope they don't go that way with all of them! I like cheesy Vegas!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
 
1,519 posts, read 4,455,601 times
Reputation: 1037
I don't know why but Circus Circus is still packed on the weekends, I do not think it is going anywhere.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top