Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,332,430 times

Advertisements

Leaf blower? That's what the landscapers use.

Please don't use chemicals on your weeds folks, there's enough poison in the environment. Just pull them and you'll never see the same weeds again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 12:21 AM

6,382 posts, read 11,870,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

Please don't use chemicals on your weeds folks, there's enough poison in the environment. Just pull them and you'll never see the same weeds again.
I did that for a year and just drove myself crazy and couldn't walk straight for a week. Worst part is that they seem most virulent in the hot weather when you don't want to spend 10 minutes out in the sun, let alone hours. And the whole idea that they won't grow back is rather hopeful, there are plenty of others that pop up in virtually the same place.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I did that for a year and just drove myself crazy and couldn't walk straight for a week. Worst part is that they seem most virulent in the hot weather when you don't want to spend 10 minutes out in the sun, let alone hours. And the whole idea that they won't grow back is rather hopeful, there are plenty of others that pop up in virtually the same place.
....and then even more poison? No thanks. I feel guilty enough spraying for bugs every two months. In the summer here they go dormant. It's after a wet winter that you get most of the weeds ...like now. The wind blows the seeds all over the place and the rain pops them out. I have a long handled weed puller, but I prefer to hire someone to get down on their knees and pull them since mine are not up to it either. Just get them before they go to seed whatever you do.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:26 AM

787 posts, read 1,775,809 times
Quote:
Yeah, leaf-blower. I should get one. ... What about a leaf-vacuum? Do the pros ever use such a thing?

Old 01-21-2011, 07:42 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,258,059 times
Quote:
....and then even more poison? No thanks. I feel guilty enough spraying for bugs every two months. In the summer here they go dormant. It's after a wet winter that you get most of the weeds ...like now. The wind blows the seeds all over the place and the rain pops them out. I have a long handled weed puller, but I prefer to hire someone to get down on their knees and pull them since mine are not up to it either. Just get them before they go to seed whatever you do.

When I did my landscape I had weeds/grass pop up right away & they didnt slow down. I'm still mad about not forcing the landscaper put down netting to help control it. We are putting down the poison this weekend & I dont feel bad about it, at all. oh & i'm buying some Cynoff EC to control bugs this year.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:48 AM

930 posts, read 1,816,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Use the best ground clear you can buy and put it on in Feb/early March and 48 hours before any rain or water runoff. Never had much of a problem when I did that, maybe a stray weed or two for the rest of the year.

cant believe how many weeds are already starting to show after just a few days of good weather. doesnt bode well for spring. I have used a product in the past with some success that you just sprinkle around in any area that may be a problem very early in the weed season and it does a decent job of keeping the weeds from even getting started. its granular and comes in a bag. think its called Amaze or something like that. got it at starr nursery .

Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,834,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Grass is starting to grow through the gravel in my front yard. What's the best way to get rid of it?
Napalm.

Napalm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-21-2011, 10:54 AM

238 posts, read 1,504,777 times
Roundup unless you like pulling weeds

Old 01-21-2011, 11:36 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,091,068 times
10 bucks to an undocumented democrat at home depot

Old 01-21-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Yeah, leaf-blower. I should get one. ... What about a leaf-vacuum? Do the pros ever use such a thing?
I use a shop vac for the patio and sidewalks, but in the rocks it just sucks up too many of them. If you're careful you can do it, but you'll lose some rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas