Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:48 PM

29 posts, read 97,227 times

Advertisements

thank you for all of your responses! I have been blessed today. My husband has been offered a job!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful and happy. I've been on edge for the last 6 months but thank goodness things are finally looking up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 09:57 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
np.

Humor...in any situation...can never hurt.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confetti View Post
thank you for all of your responses! I have been blessed today. My husband has been offered a job!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful and happy. I've been on edge for the last 6 months but thank goodness things are finally looking up!
Congratulations! I hope blessings continue to come your way.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:35 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confetti View Post
My husband lost his job 6 months ago. We've been trying to keep up with our house payment (and we have), but I am getting worried because I don't know how long I can keep it up because I am the only one working. My job has slowed down, so I am on part-time. I have been using my saving to help with the other bills but it is starting to drain.

I brought my house for $300,000. It is an FHA loan. I checked around and my house is estimated around $220,000- to $260,000. I tried talking to the bank but I've been waiting for Bank of America for the last 3 months. I have no debt except for my house. I have a family of 5 and we mostly spend our money on food. My total for a month with bills and everything include comes out to about $4000.

Can someone tell me is there a better way to approach the bank or is there anything I can do? I don't know when my husband will get a job but he's been trying but no one is hiring. He's in school but that will take awhile to complete.

I'm not looking for a miracle or anyone to judge me. I am just asking for help as to where I should begin. If you don't have anything helpful to say please refrain from answering this thread.
If you're not looking for a miracle, it won't happen. Sounds like you're going to have to downgrade as much as you can. How much are you spending per month on food? It never ceases to amaze me how much you can save on food if you really spend a little time focusing on it.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 AM

48 posts, read 125,786 times
Hey just wanted to post some congratulations for you. Thanks for being responsible with your situation and not running away from problems. This country needs more people with your attitude.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:58 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
That's great good to hear things are going better.

I think you guys were already working a miracle if you're paying $4,000/month for 5 people, I guess that seems like a miracle to me at least living in Downtown Los Angeles. I spend more than $5,000/month and it's just me. I eat cereal for breakfast and Subway for dinner and the rest is snacks like fruit and vegetables, so I really don't spend that much money on food and I rarely go out but it still costs over $5K per month. I'm sure you couldn't get expenses down much more than you have, haha, that's impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: