Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Sorry, you won't see my butt in some of those places!!! My husband and other techs have told me some horror stories. There is no way I would go into some of those places!! But I will be happy to take your call!!
OK OK.....call BugBully n she'll dispatch the hammer smackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
OK OK.....call BugBully n she'll dispatch the hammer smackers.

Thank You!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
I had a roach infestation in my kitchen 2 months ago and it was because I bought a used stove that had them inside. I had to get rid of the stove because nothing worked. I even spray inside the heating elements and did not go rid of them. But they migrated to the refrigerator and other appliances they love warmth of electrical stuff. So #1 do a deep cleaning of the area I mean move everything.behind the appliances and cabinets, etc. #2 put down boric acid powder around the perimeter of the area. do not leave any untreated baseboard area. next check your appliances to make sure they are not infested and if them are get rid of them or open them up and clean up any food or dead roaches that might still be in there and try to treated with the powder(might work). And use a bug fogger on the bottom of cabinets and area. I usually push the foggers valve little at a time and try to target certain areas instead of fogging the top of my counter tops and floor and ceiling. I have been roach free for about 2 months. Roaches love wet areas like under the sink and also love wicker baskets so get rid of anything made out of wicker like baskets. and remember to fumigate every 2 months to avoid the pest from duplicating. they duplicate faster than we can kill them. so stay on top of them or you will be eating them in your meals. hope tips help.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:45 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
two or three sticks of TriNitroToluene should do the trick and you will be raoch free when you rebuild the house.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:33 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
two or three sticks of TriNitroToluene should do the trick and you will be raoch free when you rebuild the house.
That's hilarious. And you won't have any roaches, but it seems a tiny bit extreme.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:48 PM

We would like to do that to some homes. LOL

Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 PM

4 posts, read 9,057 times
we are looking to buy a house in summerlin west charleston & 215. does anyone know if there is a scorpion problem there?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:46 PM

You can not say just from the cross streets. In some communities there may be none and then others they may have a few or more.

Just when you do the Inspections, be there and take a look. You will most likely see them around, especially if there was a bad problem. I have a couple that just bought their home a couple of months ago, and when they were doing the home inspection they found about 10 dead, and a couple alive. So I am assuming when it was put on the market, the Realtor realized that there was a problem and had it treated.

And no it is not by the cross streets you gave.

So just keep your eyes open. Any problem is manageable as long as you do not let it get out of hand. Some people let problems get out of hand, then expect us to be magicians and have everything gone the day we do a treatment, which is not possible.

You sound like that you will not be that type!

So Good Luck and Welcome to Vegas!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,022 times
Had to deal with wasps today. They attacked my wife while she was gardening. After I treated her wounds with TLC, I unleashed hell on the wasps, then destroyed their nest. Lucky for me it was only about 6 wasps and and a small nest that was built in a flower pot.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Just like others have said, Roaches are tough but they are a living creature like anything else. Nothing lives without water. Luckily we live in a desert. Dry out or make moist areas inaccessible and they will move on to someone else with the fancy sprinkler system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas