Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times

Advertisements

billee...you're on FIRE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
billee...you're on FIRE!
Where are you in upstate?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:48 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billeethakid View Post
I hope theres crickets. I like listening to them at night
You are probably used to those shiny black crickets. Ours are not black. Ours are grey-beige and look like dried fish bait or food for pet frogs.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
You are probably used to those shiny black crickets. Ours are not black. Ours are grey-beige and look like dried fish bait or food for pet frogs.
More of a reason to move! Pets.. I'll get a snake

Old 07-25-2007, 10:04 PM

10 posts, read 67,299 times
Ok PinkString??? what do you mean everywhere lately?? They can't be everywhere..can they?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingonza View Post
Ok PinkString??? what do you mean everywhere lately?? They can't be everywhere..can they?
It's hard to walk at night anywhere in Las Vegas without seeing them scurry underfoot. We always called them waterbugs but they are German brown roaches. We have an exterminator so I'll see two or three of them mostly in the mornings belly up and kicking on the sidewalk or patio. You don't see them a lot in the house if you have an exterminator. I've seen them in a few restaurants, usually in old buildings. I even had one in my food once at Hilda's in NLV. I found it about halfway through the meal and she still expected me to pay for the food.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billeethakid View Post
Where are you in upstate?
check PM...don't like to give out too much private info

Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingonza View Post
Despite what Buzz said, the GIANT roaches are not the little brown one's. If you don't believe me, i will save the dead bodies and send them to you or to Buzz for further verification.

As for them being everywhere, they are right now until late september when they scurry back underground until next summer. Want to see a ton of them? Go out to any neighborhood in "The Lakes" area after dark, preferably around 10-11pm and they are all over the walls of apt buildings, sidewalks, on your car, etc. Everywhere you don't want them to be. And the flying one's....the worst. Especially when they land on you.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 PM

The continuing response to this thread must be another ploy to keep "human" roaches out of Vegas... If you’re that worried about a little bug, STAY HOME! I have a variety of bugs in my hometown including roaches, saw 15-20 of them floating in a clients pool today. But I also have to deal with an overgrown infestation of ticks this year. We mountain bike and atv on the power lines all the time. This summer I can't come back with less than 5 ticks on me, ever. On top of being ugly as hell, ticks can kill you or seriously make you ill if your not careful. OK now onto mosquitoes. Come sit at my pool around 5-11pm sometime in the summer, good luck! Spiders, silverfish, horseflies, noseeums, gnats, yellow jackets and wasps that make unexpected homes in your lawnmower, shall I go on? You get the point. Ask people who live in the south about bug "problems", they will laugh at your roaches... See a head doctor for your phobia and get over it, they will not hurt you. Oh see the attached image of the house centipede.. These live in woodpiles and get into our homes, they love water so don't even try to flush them down the toilet. Many a time have I have watched one of these crawl up through the sink while I was brushing my teeth. Sit at you computer desk with bare feet and feel one wiggle over your feet in the dark and you will never be more creeped out.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Comeon...be gentle...the lady does not like bugs. You probably have both she and Pink String perched atop their monitors.

Not nice. I have a somewhat witchy friend in Sun City. If you continue I will have her put a scorpion curse on your Las Vegas residence. Note that scorpions come from S. Cal so they are hard to get rid of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas