Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Two wrongs do not make a right. LVD did something you didn't like so it makes it OK to attack his (admitted) drinking problem? Sounds petty to me.

As for the red light camera, obviously I'm not turning right on red if it says I can't. That was the whole premise of my post, which I'll spell out here if you didn't already understand. Why would I have tried to fight my ticket if the intersection was marked 'no turn on red'? If it's illegal to run a red light, don't do it. If a sign says 'No turn on red', don't do it.

If you stop, signal & turn, then get a ticket because of some automatic or arbitrary decision, that ain't right. Why should I stand for it when I've done nothing wrong? Municipalities are capitalizing on the 'gray area' where they judge someone didn't stop long enough & it's up to the individual to disprove the negative. Guilty until proven innocent. Certainly not the basis of our culture.

If it was a definite safety concern (like running the red light), I might be more understanding. But it's not & this is a consistent pattern (as far as I can tell) numerous places throughout the country where these are installed. They're justified under the guise of safety, then they become revenue generators. Not kosher.

Thanks for moderating my conversation with LVD, I don't care how petty you think it is. We'll have to agree to disagree on the cameras. I like them, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 11:30 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Red light....Green light....1-2-3.

I caught you.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,365 times
So that red light I ran near Fremont street today...I'm not getting a ticket for that? I thought all those cameras were just waiting for me to slip up.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:14 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Two wrongs do not make a right.
No, but three lefts do.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:27 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
I'm not one to think our govmint is well trained enough or have enough complicit people on board to be pulling some sort of mass spy program with the cameras; that being said, I am concerned about function creep. By allowing the camera systems to use our license, they may very well use it in the future for tolls or other assorted taxes, not to mention the capacity to track vehicle movement digitally. Our government has never met a database they didn't like.

For red light runners, our city has begun to install "tattle tail" lights at many intersections. It took me a while to figure out what the red and blue LED's were at newer intersections. They allow a cop to tell if someone has run a light from an optimum view and pursuit point.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM

113 posts, read 306,253 times
Default What ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
What you say appears to be true according to reports from all over the country. It is just another government intrusion. Things like that are east coast ideas ...control everybody ...everything people do has to be stopped ...they must be punished. Give me a break. That is what everyone moves here to get away from ...but that is the kind of thinking we are all afraid will be imported to Nevada, especially in the land rushes we frequently experience.

Everyone who comes here will for the first year or two at least, use the phrase, "That's not the way we did it in (Podunk)" And, "There should be a law..." If they can't live without all their anal laws, they should go back home; not try to impose that crap on us. First thing I ask during elections is where is the candidate from? If they aren't native Nevadans I don't vote for them, because they know about as much about being a Nevadan as Obama knows about being an American.
So please tell me,where did this peice of wisdom come from ? I though Phoenix was where the camera idea came from ?? I have never seen them in any east coast city,unless they were installed in the past couple of years ??

Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac88 View Post
So please tell me,where did this peice of wisdom come from ? I though Phoenix was where the camera idea came from ?? I have never seen them in any east coast city,unless they were installed in the past couple of years ??
The cameras actually came from Europe and Australia. Regardless, I do know they are all over the east coast as I have fought with them on this forum.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:18 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
I know they were not in Mass unless in specific towns. Although i'm sure the state would readily accept them.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:02 AM

113 posts, read 306,253 times
I lived on the east coast for 30 years,NY,NJ,FL,PA,never saw a camera...

Old 06-29-2010, 04:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
none around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas