Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The Pink/jhiker1o feud is only beaten by Olecapt/Tony Soprano feud, IMO.
true but the OC /Soprano fued has some funny parts......hiker is just obnoxious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM

990 posts, read 1,650,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Or just it just switch to HOT? I'm making my relocation plans but I'm scared of the HEAT..LOL..Yea I'm a wussy..
Scared of the HEAT? Why are you moving?

Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 AM

57 posts, read 112,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
LOL, nice Airics...

Actually I think Vegas spring is the best time of the year! It has a wonderful spring, better than anywhere else I have been anyway. In Los Angeles, spring weather is extremely undependable. I'd in fact call it the most disappointing season in L.A. I moved here March 13 (2007) and it was basically very cold and cloudy most days through just about May. I was very disappointed, I guess I just thought it would be nicer. And every year since then, you get your nice days and of course it's probably better than 95% of the country, better than where I was from (Oregon), but it rains a surprising amount and there seems to be virtually no improvement per month. I mean, you get nice 70 degree days in January, and that is so great and amazing compared to the rest of the nation, you are a happy camper. Then suddenly it's April and it's 62 and raining and you're thinking... ok, I could live almost anywhere and it wouldn't really be much worse than this, what gives? I thought we were near summer? Why is the weather NOT improving? Then it's gloomy all of June until about noon to 1 p.m. People ask why I like getting up at noon, I joke because there's nothing to see before then anyway!

Vegas, I have been to probably the most times in the spring, often for spring break, others just randomly happened then, one time in May for work, and all of those times between March and May were just gorgeous weather, perfect temperatures, 75 to 85 degrees or so (as it gets closer to the summer).

I wrote myself a 4-5 page document comparing pros and cons of Los Angeles and Vegas about 4 months ago when I was first considering moving, and one of the things I just assumed would be a slam-dunk pro for Los Angeles was the weather. I figured, well I know Vegas isn't going to be as good of weather as L.A. but oh well, it's still not bad. Then when I went through the data and month-by-month comparisons, it ended up being so close that instead of massive edge L.A. I thought ok minor edge goes to L.A. Month-by-month is where it's so close, because L.A. wins for December and January, then virtual tie for February, Vegas wins March, April, and May easily, virtual tie for June (maybe too hot some days, but makes up for it because L.A. is gloomy all June even though it's a nicer temperature), L.A. wins July and August (too hot in Vegas), virtual tie for September, October (both cities have amazing falls, L.A. fall is better than summer, it's actually hotter in September in L.A. than any other month except August), and November. So it really works out to Vegas being a pretty great weather city all around. It's just like imagine L.A., subtract 10-12 degrees from the winter temperatures (Dec. / Jan. only), and add about 20-30 degrees for July / August temperatures, but add in a much nicer and warmer spring in Vegas, and voila, you have your comparison.
very very helpful! thank you!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:36 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,970,145 times
This is Spring right now. The trees are blooming as I type this. And the patio doors are open.

To me, it usually doesn't get really HOT till May.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,606,885 times
Its really really nice in March and April. I happen to like May as well. Also very nice and mild in October and early November.

Hot as hell July-September, and sometimes in June.

In fact, I'd say its one of the nicest places I can imagine in late March through April.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:46 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
OK that's it.....adding yet another loudmouth jerk to my ignore list......
I had that loudmouth jerk on my ignore list a few times before. Adding it back again. Tired of the drivel from a small mind.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 AM

In case anyone cares, the sites quoted above by the small minded mayor of spring valley do not exist where I live. That person likes to cause trouble probably because he/she/it lives in the old dirty part of SV and is too ashamed of it.
Now back to your regularly scheduled banter while i put it back on my ignore list.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:54 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,558,909 times
My allergies are starting up again. I seriously don't want to be doped up on benadryl again this year. I started eating small amounts of local honey which is known to help in that regard. It does actually seem to be working. Whether that's the placebo effect or not I don't really care. For anyone that's wondering, the honey is thought to work similarly to a vaccination by allowing your body to get used to small amount of pollen at a time and build resistance. You have to buy local desert honey though or else you are building immunity to plants from somewhere else.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
My allergies are starting up again. I seriously don't want to be doped up on benadryl again this year. I started eating small amounts of local honey which is known to help in that regard. It does actually seem to be working. Whether that's the placebo effect or not I don't really care. For anyone that's wondering, the honey is thought to work similarly to a vaccination by allowing your body to get used to small amount of pollen at a time and build resistance. You have to buy local desert honey though or else you are building immunity to plants from somewhere else.
I never knew that about pollen allergies. I will be getting some local honey to see if that helps me stop sneezing long enough to eat some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: