Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:22 PM

508 posts, read 1,021,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
Grofica, use a rental agency, my family uses Remax. They qualify the potential tenents, you set the rules as far as whether smoking, pets and such ar permited. They do inspections of the property, stay on top of payments and charge about 10%. So a house renting for $1000 is charged about 100 a month. Small price to pay for peace of mind. You can choose to screen for background checks and previous rental history, and even credit......or not, depending on how tight you want to keep your requirements.

Secondly, how affordable is your current mortgage payment? Can you afford to qualify for a new mortgage on a condo, EVEN IF your house is rented out? Becuase many lenders won't consider your rental income, they want to see that you qualify for both......

I understand you want to buy and not rent because you are looking for an ultra modern with a clean look, that you can personalize or make changes to. Are you dead set on it being on the strip? Or just looking to be in a dense urban area, with plenty of walking to stores and bars etc......There may be many that do not agree with me on this, but I have never felt that Vegas was "planned out well". Too much urban sprawl and not enough focus on walkability. You can check out Urban Lofts, they are probably the 'look' you are going for, but not sure you will like the neighborhood.

Urban Lofts Townhomes?
ok without sounding creepy i love you. The mortgage isnt that big of a deal its WAYYYYYYYYYYY less then rent. and in the year since i purchased maybe 3 more months before its paid off.

Im not dead set on being "on" the strip just somewhere near to it. i found one would have been perfect... it was off or martin if i remember right but it was on the bottom floor. nice floorplan, it didnt have any floors so it was pretty unfinished. it was beautiful i just wish it wasnt at ground level.

Im not in a huge hurry i just want to find out more on what my options are. you are right remax does not sound bad from what you say. i will have to give them a call and get a little more in depth into it.

with being so close to having the first paid off it should be easy to qualify for a new mortgage right? I would think it would not be that hard. but any insight into this you have i would be so thankful for!

Old 03-16-2011, 03:35 PM

579 posts, read 1,209,937 times
Quote:
and in the year since i purchased maybe 3 more months before its paid off.
You bought a year ago and will have the first paid off in around 3 months??? Wow, you must have nearly paid all cash for the house. If that's the case you would easily qualify for a new mortgage and even make a profit off the renter it sounds..... that's great!

Old 03-16-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
You bought a year ago and will have the first paid off in around 3 months??? Wow, you must have nearly paid all cash for the house. If that's the case you would easily qualify for a new mortgage and even make a profit off the renter it sounds..... that's great!
ItsNot like that its just I dont live on credit cards. So my biggest bill is eletric. So I put my whole check on the house every month minus utilities food and smokes. The payments were insain low so thats how I got it down.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:58 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
ItsNot like that its just I dont live on credit cards. So my biggest bill is eletric. So I put my whole check on the house every month minus utilities food and smokes. The payments were insain low so thats how I got it down.
Um, what? 15 months of "insain" low payments pays for the house? Must be an insane small mortgage.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Um, what? 15 months of "insain" low payments pays for the house? Must be an insane small mortgage.
No what I said was payments were small. and I paid a lot more than required. Just because they say u have to pay x amount doesnt mean you can only pay that amount

Old 03-16-2011, 05:30 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,365 times
Quote:
No what I said was payments were small. and I paid a lot more than required. Just because they say u have to pay x amount doesnt mean you can only pay that amount
Ok, so you paid at least $10,000 / month. Fine, but makes me wonder why you bothered with a mortgage in the first place.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM

IM not sure how u figured that but uhm ok

Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,353 times
Quote:
IM not sure how u figured that but uhm ok
I'm not really sure why you are asking for advice then? If you have the financial means to pay off the mortgage that's your answer. Rent out your home and move on to the next place.

Did your husband pay for the house? Because honestly if he likes the house that might be your biggest obstacle.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:13 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,492,235 times
I'm suspecting bi-polar at this point.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:40 PM

im not sure how you figured that i have the financial means to pay off the house i never said i did. paying more than required does not mean a person is rich. it just means they dont spend more then they earn. its simple mathmatics.

and jfk stop being an a**hole.

i am sorry i posted in the first damn place. i have gotten 4-5 answers that were useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas