Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM

508 posts, read 1,022,197 times

Advertisements

Sorry i have not written for a while. It's been a little crazy here. Anyway, So I got my house. it's all done the way i want it to be but its really really too big.

I cant stand it and I hate cleaning it. I would rather have a 800 - 1100 sq foot condo near the strip. The house is way out in seven hills and i cant stand being that far away from life. I would rather be centrally located.

So i guess my question is what options do i have?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM

351 posts, read 837,146 times
Sell it & move to a condo?

Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
short sale.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Why did you buy it then? Listen to the locals next time. BTW, I've always been under the impression it is easier to keep a bigger house clean than something as tiny as you would like to have.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:34 PM

why short sale? Dont you have to be behind on bills for that or owe money?

Buzz~ i bought it cause everyone agreed this was a nice area and i did listen to the locals but i am young-ish and this is such a family type atmostphere. well ok i am almost 30. i want to live life not have to watch for kids running around the streets. i mean its a gorgeous house (after i gutted all the cookie cutter crude out of it) and its a really nice area its just not "me"

Old 03-15-2011, 08:55 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
why short sale? Dont you have to be behind on bills for that or owe money?

Buzz~ i bought it cause everyone agreed this was a nice area and i did listen to the locals but i am young-ish and this is such a family type atmostphere. well ok i am almost 30. i want to live life not have to watch for kids running around the streets. i mean its a gorgeous house (after i gutted all the cookie cutter crude out of it) and its a really nice area its just not "me"
Sell it and buy a suitable place. **** happens. Make lemonade and move on.

You are out about 8% of what you paid plus probably 2/3 of what you invested.

But happiness is cheap at the price.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM

932 posts, read 2,348,019 times
Quote:
i bought it cause everyone agreed this was a nice area and i did listen to the locals but i am young-ish and this is such a family type atmostphere.
I don't remember the previous thread, but it's hard to imagine that Seven Hills would have been the No. 1 recommendation for someone in your age group. I agree that it's a fantastic area and in fact it's one I considered before buying elsewhere.

But you're right; it's definitely family-oriented. For many, that's a plus. For you, obviously it's not.

Didn't you spend any time in the area in person before buying? Spend five minutes in Seven Hills and it's pretty apparent that it targets families, not thirtysomethings.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:00 PM

I get the loosing the 8% of price paid but why would I loose 2/3 of the invested amount?

Is the market really going down that much? I know i get emails from Zillow all the time saying its going up little by little. ok between 1-3% each email but its still going up. I mean arent most people who move here looking for a family friendly area?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
I don't remember the previous thread, but it's hard to imagine that Seven Hills would have been the No. 1 recommendation for someone in your age group. I agree that it's a fantastic area and in fact it's one I considered before buying elsewhere.

But you're right; it's definitely family-oriented. For many, that's a plus. For you, obviously it's not.

Didn't you spend any time in the area in person before buying? Spend five minutes in Seven Hills and it's pretty apparent that it targets families, not thirtysomethings.
I have spent a lot of time here before but it had been a while since that time and the time i purchased. Kids were something my husband and i talked about and then decided against. and my son is going to stay in Olympia. so basically i am stuck in a huge 4 bedroom 3 bathroom house and no reason to have it.

I guess i am just looking for a guestimate of the losses would be if i did sell and go to a condo. its just way too much space.

or shoot crazier things have happened... maybe someone will want to trade me :-D

Last edited by Grofica; 03-15-2011 at 09:39 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
I get the loosing the 8% of price paid but why would I loose 2/3 of the invested amount?

Is the market really going down that much? I know i get emails from Zillow all the time saying its going up little by little. ok between 1-3% each email but its still going up. I mean arent most people who move here looking for a family friendly area?
Thaqt presumes it is worth what you paid for it plus 1/3 of what you invested. That is the normal payoff for home improvements.

There are ways to do better...ie buy a junker real cheap...but if it was a reasonable house that is what you can expect.

Just sold a nice house in Sun City for around 300K. They paid about 10% more and invested about 50K. Now they held it for the wrong couple of years but you get the picture.

They also could have done 15K or so better but wanted their money out quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas