Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,822,838 times

Advertisements

Any gourmet food trucks that should not be missed? I saw three of them parked by one of the ponds in The Lakes several weeks ago, along with a mob of at least a hundred people. One of them was the "Slider Truck" (slidingthru.com).

I've been meaning to try the Korean tacos from the truck that's parked by the Lee's on Lake Mead. Is that worth the drive from The Lakes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 04:46 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,681,847 times
The Korean Tacos on Lake Mead/Teneya are ok but not spectacular. I've had better ones in Emeryville and San Jose (i know your from the bay area so next time you are there) There is suppose to be a food trunk gathering going on this week downtown so you might want to google it or someone might want to chime in on the info.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:03 PM

I looked it up on the Slider Truck's weekly schedule. It's this Saturday, next to the El Cortez, 6PM to 2AM.

Food-truck festival returns to Fremont Street on Saturday - Entertainment / Neon - ReviewJournal.com

Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,927,265 times
Does the Bunny Rance have an All You Can Eat Special?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:15 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,702,460 times
What are Korean tacos? I noticed that the drive up coffee stand in my area turned into a Korean taco stand.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
What are Korean tacos? I noticed that the drive up coffee stand in my area turned into a Korean taco stand.
They're tacos where the filling is beef marinated like Kalbi (Korean grilled short ribs).

Korean taco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A taco truck in Los Angeles started the Korean Taco craze a few years ago, now they are everywhere. I've seen the original Kogi BBQ truck featured on several travel and food shows, but never tried to track it down while in LA.

Kogi Korean BBQ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one item from a food truck I lust after is a Porchetta sandwich from the Roli Roti mobile rotisserie truck.

Roli Roti, Ferry Building, San Francisco | Foodnut.com

Old 04-08-2011, 03:49 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,702,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
They're tacos where the filling is beef marinated like Kalbi (Korean grilled short ribs).

Korean taco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A taco truck in Los Angeles started the Korean Taco craze a few years ago, now they are everywhere. I've seen the original Kogi BBQ truck featured on several travel and food shows, but never tried to track it down while in LA.

Kogi Korean BBQ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one item from a food truck I lust after is a Porchetta sandwich from the Roli Roti mobile rotisserie truck.

Roli Roti, Ferry Building, San Francisco | Foodnut.com
Thanks, My friends use to serve me Kalbi wrapped in letuce leaves with red pepper paste on top and it was very good. I will give the taco stand a try on my next days off.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:59 AM

146 posts, read 527,770 times
Slidin Thru is pretty awesome, also Fukuburger - they follow a similiar schedule.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:03 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,392,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Does the Bunny Rance have an All You Can Eat Special?
Yes...but you have to wear a bib.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:55 AM

687 posts, read 1,935,984 times
Once a month on the second Saturday, from 8pm to 3am there is a gathering of food trucks downtown in one place. You can sample from several different vendors and there is also music and other merchants selling art and clothing, etc. I believe it is called Vegas Street Eats. It's in the downtown square across the street west of the El Cortez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas