Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 AM

7 posts, read 25,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asik View Post
More important than some bogus scores from lying public school teachers is the ghetto culture that children are exposed to in public schools. That's what is important. All schools can use the same text books, but who will be your child's classmates? Homeschool before you ruin your child in a public school, if you can't afford a private school.
My child is very bright and in gifted classes. She has only attended public schools and with the proper upbringing at home she has excellent morals and behavior.

Yes a child can become a product of their enviroment but that is where your job as a parent comes in. If you put the time and effort into teaching your child how to be a good person that you want them to be they will have the common sense to stay away from those children that don't behave properly.

Not all of us can be as "special" as you are apparently tossing money away into private schools or by home schooling. Most of us parents have to work an depend on public education for our children. And I speak from experience when I say that private schools don't shelter your child from those suposed "classmates" which you imply are so horrible! I attended private schools for many years and those "classmates" aren't any better. They have more money for drugs, the parents feel that for the money they are paying in tuition that someone else will raise their children (not the teachers job! They are there to educate the children not raise them). The parents of private school children tend to have the money to buy their children what ever they want and create a child that feels they are better than the average child.

For example of the roughly 30 children I attended school with for 8 years (2) were pregnant before the 10th grade and a thrid young girl had 2 children before she was 17. (3) had serrous drug problems by the end of high school, (5) dropped out before 12th grade. That is over 1/3 of the class accounted for right there! This group of 30 children came from families of doctors and lawyers right down to the mechanic and hair stylest.

I guess what I am saying to you ASIK is how dare you accuse me of ruining my child if I can't aford private school or home schooling. That is just pure ignorance. I would rather my child be in a public school with children of parents like me than in a private school with children of parents like you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: