Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 PM

238 posts, read 547,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Sounds like our experience at the Delta check-in counter at JFK. After all the screaming at confused passengers, I expected them to break out the whips. The passengers were confused because the screaming employees were yelling out conflicting orders about which lines to get in, and there was not enough room for everyone. Why anyone would want to live in those two insane asylums known as New York, and New Jersey, I don't know. You won't have that kind of treatment at the Nevada DMV. I'm surprised they haven't started serving tea and cookies.
I was born in NJ, so I didn't have much of a choice. If I thought I could get a decent paying job in Las Vegas, I would leave NJ in a heartbeat. I already bought my house in LV and I'm just waiting until I can retire. I want to have enough money saved so that I don't have to work once I move.

I've been to the DMV in Las Vegas twice. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a pleasant experience. The guy taking my photo for my seasonal ID as a grumpy bastard.

Newark, JFK and Laguardia all suck, I can't argue with you on that.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC2 View Post
Well it sounds dumb to me... but I'm really just trying to avoid wasting time going in the wrong direction when I get there.
Just moved to LV from NY, have checked the DMV website and have all required papers and am planning on visiting the N. Decatur DMV tomorrow - my question is where do I go when I get there?
Through the glass doors marked entrance.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:02 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,338,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamDeleted View Post
I was born in NJ, so I didn't have much of a choice. If I thought I could get a decent paying job in Las Vegas, I would leave NJ in a heartbeat. I already bought my house in LV and I'm just waiting until I can retire. I want to have enough money saved so that I don't have to work once I move.

I've been to the DMV in Las Vegas twice. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a pleasant experience. The guy taking my photo for my seasonal ID as a grumpy bastard.

Newark, JFK and Laguardia all suck, I can't argue with you on that.
I've noticed that the camera operator is always their grumpiest employee. I wonder why that is? Boredom maybe? But last trip there were a couple of young ladies there on the cameras that seemed pleasant. It was so slow I think they were happy to be needed, even if it was only for a minute.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM

135 posts, read 437,574 times
I went yesterday - arrived in the parking lot at 3:44, was back at the car with all done at 4:04 - didn't even have time to open my bottle of water All employees were extremely helpful and friendly. And, yes it was very obvious where to go once I arrived, not always the case back in N.Y.

I did find the eye-test more difficult than the N.Y. eye-tests. Did have to deal with a closed road just before arriving at N. Decatur, but found my way anyway and headed for the western mountains to get home - love this town for that, once you know the main streets and which mountains to head for you really can't go too far wrong (ok, who's going to correct me on that one).

My N.Y. experiences weren't that bad, I lived in Dutchess County (upstate to some), and we had a couple of little-known DMV's that you could always get in and out of in less than a half hour.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
Pam

Old 05-12-2011, 09:46 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,808,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC2 View Post
My N.Y. experiences weren't that bad, I lived in Dutchess County (upstate to some),
Ahhhh... so you haven't had the pleasure of going to the DMV in lower Manhattan?????
Easily a 3 hour ordeal.
Hell on earth I tell ya! These nice people in Nevada have no idea what a truly rude city employee is.
I once saw a supervisor tell a guy to "Come back when your ***** is right and stop wasting our time with this bull*****!!"
That gem was overheard in The Bronx location though.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:25 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,077 times
Looks like the OP went to the DMV and all went well....thats great. Closed the thread since all the questions were answered.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas