Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 AM

7 posts, read 34,101 times

Advertisements

Husband got a job at Harrahs and will be relocating early June. He'll be in LV next week to look at houses. We are looking at Summerlin S/Henderson single family house rentals. I have a 1 and 2 yr old children so school is not an issue for now but just nearby parks and recreation.

We found really nice houses at Spring Valley and Enterprise ( S of 215 and N of Blue Diamond Rd/160) but we are not familiar of those areas. I read somewhere in the forum about the complaints of A1 Organics and the foul smell from the facility. Are they still operating?

Should we consider those areas or just concentrate on looking houses at Summerlin S/Henderson? any input will be much appreciated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 PM

848 posts, read 1,723,772 times
I'll bite on this one. Nowhere near Spring Valley but enjoy your house hunting.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:34 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
To me, "Enterprise" has a nice rural feel to it, and now that "Blue Diamond" Road has been widened, it looks like traffic is a little better. I still prefer Summerlin, and think Spring Valley is getting a little long in the tooth, which means it won't be long before it is run down.

I wonder if any old timers can clear up something. When I think of Enterprise, a very, very old, run down area of second hand stores and junk yards, off Boulder Highway, just before you get to Henderson, comes to mind. Isn't the original Enterprise just beyond what was called East Las Vegas? Or am I thinking of Pittman? All of a sudden, in recent years, I start hearing about Enterprise, and come to find out it is now off SR 160, the Pahrump Highway, which was mislabeled Blue Diamond Road after they started putting houses way out there in the desert. I believe that was really thanks to the rather isolated off ramp on I-15 at SR 160, where there was a sign for about 100 years that said "Blue Diamond". Of course, nobody ever went that far out of the way to get to the town of Blue Diamond when they could just follow West Charleston past Red Rock Canyon. Not unless they were a couple of nutty young guys from the east, who shall remain nameless, that would drive down the Pahrump Highway at around midnight on Saturday nights just to chase jack rabbits across the desert in their Jeeps, and shoot at the poor things with big guns. Fortunately, there were no homes from the railroad tracks to Pahrump, so human lives were in no immediate danger.

Did anyone ever notice that precisely at midnight, jack rabbits start playing Russian Roulette on the highways, by trying to see who can dodge the most cars? Of course, in the "olden days" of the 60's, we would be the only car from "Enterprise" to Pahrump most nights.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM

^^^^^The whole Clark County `is turning into a ghetto and not just parts of it. Clark County and the cities it encompasses is small and compact, with city busses going all over the valley, you will have riff raffs, section 8 and all the losers taking residence in every corner of the valley.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:40 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
if he has a probation period, i would wait... this is Harrah's we are talking about... I know that if Harrahs ever buys the Cosmopolitan (unlikely), alot of employees would just walk out...

Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
To me, "Enterprise" has a nice rural feel to it, and now that "Blue Diamond" Road has been widened, it looks like traffic is a little better. I still prefer Summerlin, and think Spring Valley is getting a little long in the tooth, which means it won't be long before it is run down.

I wonder if any old timers can clear up something. When I think of Enterprise, a very, very old, run down area of second hand stores and junk yards, off Boulder Highway, just before you get to Henderson, comes to mind. Isn't the original Enterprise just beyond what was called East Las Vegas? Or am I thinking of Pittman? All of a sudden, in recent years, I start hearing about Enterprise, and come to find out it is now off SR 160, the Pahrump Highway, which was mislabeled Blue Diamond Road after they started putting houses way out there in the desert. I believe that was really thanks to the rather isolated off ramp on I-15 at SR 160, where there was a sign for about 100 years that said "Blue Diamond". Of course, nobody ever went that far out of the way to get to the town of Blue Diamond when they could just follow West Charleston past Red Rock Canyon. Not unless they were a couple of nutty young guys from the east, who shall remain nameless, that would drive down the Pahrump Highway at around midnight on Saturday nights just to chase jack rabbits across the desert in their Jeeps, and shoot at the poor things with big guns. Fortunately, there were no homes from the railroad tracks to Pahrump, so human lives were in no immediate danger.

Did anyone ever notice that precisely at midnight, jack rabbits start playing Russian Roulette on the highways, by trying to see who can dodge the most cars? Of course, in the "olden days" of the 60's, we would be the only car from "Enterprise" to Pahrump most nights.
Yes, you're thinking of the old Pittman Township. Enterprise has been Enterprise township for decades, it was originally the town of Arden and the entire area was called Arden before it became Enterprise Township.

I'm pretty sure that's correct, but not exactly 100%

Last edited by MomMom; 05-11-2011 at 05:05 PM..

Old 05-11-2011, 04:54 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Yes, you're thinking of the old Pittman Township. Enterprise has been Enterprise township for decades, it was originally the town of Arden and the entire area was called Arden before it became Enterprise Township.

I'm pretty sure that's correct, but not exactly 100%
I think you're right. Those names didn't mean much until they became populated. I think Arden was just a railroad siding.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:56 PM

131 posts, read 401,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
^^^^^The whole Clark County `is turning into a ghetto and not just parts of it. Clark County and the cities it encompasses is small and compact, with city busses going all over the valley, you will have riff raffs, section 8 and all the losers taking residence in every corner of the valley.
No busses in mountains edge...and i think is nicer because of it

Old 05-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baily23 View Post
No busses in mountains edge...and i think is nicer because of it
It is only a matter of time. Even without bus lines, you can't keep out riff raffs and section 8's.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 AM

249 posts, read 649,957 times
I loved the Mountain's Edge area, although Summerlin is really nice too. I havea friend in Summerlin so we went looking around, but we still prefer Mountain's Edge by Blue Diamond rd. Best of luck in your move...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas