Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeandtara View Post
Good to know...Thanks! You must be a realtor because you're putting one hell of a sales job at me. Just guessing.
BINGO!!!

it's been my experience, thar the crime rate is excessively high if it happens to you and excessively low if it happens to someone else....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 11:26 AM

6 posts, read 15,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson23 View Post
Giant bugs are definitely something I don't miss already. I'll take checking my shoes over swatting away 5 foot bees and flies and mosquitos ugh.

thinking of moving to vegas. check your shoes for what? scorpions?

Old 05-24-2011, 01:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,829,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu are simply gullible. Those sites either provide no realistic information or use old stuff. Look at the dates...2003? And it was wrong then.

If you want to see the actual and only reasonably accurate statistics you go to..

Table 8 - Crime in the United States 2009

download the excel spreadsheet. Than you can sort anyway you like.

There really is no other. So look at it and determine what it actually says...

And this is without any allowance for the tourist population\.

Is it? What standard? How many per capita in a zip code. Again I would claim you are gullible. I suspect you would find...if you could get at the real data...is that inner city cops are too busy to write up most domestic complaints.

Nope. If you check a little more carefully you will find that the strip and downtown are not nearly as potent as say Freemont and 12th or Sierra Vista.

And yes the area around Nellis is troubled. But not nearly as bad as the above.

Adjusted for population? I don't think so. Though it would be a significant effort to find out. Did you calculate the population and the rate?

Don't take the sources seriously unless you are willing to do your homework. They are virtually always incorrect. And much of the folk lore about Las Vegas have a similar flaw. Work out the reality...not the myth.
This article doesn't have Vegas in the top 10.
10 Most Dangerous Cities | Most Dangerous Cities In America | Comcast.net

Old 05-24-2011, 02:06 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
If I ever find any 5 foot bees, I am sending them to Henderson23 asap.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:49 PM

990 posts, read 1,650,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If I ever find any 5 foot bees, I am sending them to Henderson23 asap.
Send this new species to the Natural History Museum.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 PM

26 posts, read 112,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Let me tell you Davie, it will only get worse and worse. It has now been 5 years now as of March. I never leave my apartment any more with the exception of going to work. I wish I was back in Phoenix. I miss my friends and family so much that I paid my friend $100 to come visit me. I had a lot of fun here but home is where the heart is. I could do the same thing I do here in Phoenix, but be with my loved ones. I am not going to quit my job and go back as I could wind up in a lot worse shape. Therefore, I stay here and be miserable.
LVD, If your moving expenses and 6 months rent were paid in either city, would you pull up stakes and move to Phoenix?
What's your take on Scottsdale, LVD?
Thanks

Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,183,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecontrol__ View Post
LVD, If your moving expenses and 6 months rent were paid in either city, would you pull up stakes and move to Phoenix?
What's your take on Scottsdale, LVD?
Thanks
To answer your question, I like Vegas better than Phoenix. I would rather have my friends and family move here. That is never going to happen, so I have to move back to Phoenix or continue to deal with extreme loneliness. As far as Scottsdale, it is great, but extremely expensive.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:30 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
To answer your question, I like Vegas better than Phoenix. I would rather have my friends and family move here. That is never going to happen, so I have to move back to Phoenix or continue to deal with extreme loneliness. As far as Scottsdale, it is great, but extremely expensive.
You wouldn't have to deal with extreme loneliness anywhere you live if you just get out there and make friends. Join some meetup groups.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:25 AM

258 posts, read 600,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
As a former resident of the top 3 (Loudoun), I can tell you that there is quite a difference but even though I was born in DC, worked in government and root big time for Terps, Caps and Redskins. You couldn't pay me to leave Vegas to go back.

Truer words were never spoken! We had moved to Maryland for work, and both my fiance and I had excellent jobs...but we quickly grew sick of the whole DC area. It was beyond depressing for the both of us, and we jumped at the chance to move back to Las Vegas. My fiance even turned down a HUUUGE raise just to get out of Maryland. We both love Las Vegas and consider it our home (although I am from New York originally, and he is from Chicago). We do not have or want children, so we do not care about the school systems here or worry about raising kids. The environment suits us just fine as we both enjoy the fine restaurants, shopping, entertainment and great outdoor activities Nevada offers. It is an ideal city for people like us. I never want to leave, as I have lived in many cities, and always come back here. It is home to me and my fiance, and always will be. We met here, have great fun here and have made a comfortable home here. We can't think of a better place to live.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:49 AM

40 posts, read 102,308 times
I'm moving to the Spring Valley NV area in mid summer (from So. Cal) Biggest reason to move...cost of living and coming out of a huge financial nightmare in Cal. My biggest concern....crime. Any comments???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas