Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,801 times

Advertisements

Hi, I moved to Vegas 4 years ago with my husband, we were always working very hard until last year that I became a stay@home mommy, now my baby is 15 months old and i don't know what to do in summertime?.
I enrolled to some classes on the Henderson Recreational Centers, but there are only a few for his age, Wednesdays 1/2 an hour and Fridays 45min. starting this Friday.
He is very good playing indoors but i feel horrible when he goes to the glassdoor and tells me he wants to go outside, right now it's 105F so is pretty hot. Any suggestions? Any indoor playground? not like ChuckECheese please!!!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 05:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,689,018 times
i don't know what could be appropriate for a 15 month year old anywhere, its too young to really do much, i agree, i wouldn't take it outside...

Old 06-20-2007, 07:25 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,747,514 times
Take him to Gymcats in Henderson. It's great there. They have some great gymanstic programs you can do with him. They are not expensive and the staff is great and the classes are fun. You can see their site here:

Welcome to Gymcats (broken link)

Also, join a mother's group in your area. It's a great way to meet up during the day with other moms and get your kid socializing with others his age. You can usually find them by looking under "groups" on craigslist.com. There are some other places you can find them, like Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups! and matchingmoms (broken link), you can also find some of these groups in the "groups" section of Yahoo groups. They meet at places to have playdates, often have moms night outs, etc. You'll love it when you find the right group. Don't get dscouraged if you don't like the first one you try. Just try another one or create your own group and advertise it on those sites to get other members.

When the weather is cooler take him on a hike in Red Rock. They have hikes that are geared toward those with little ones. They are short and they will get to see some things on the hike.

P.S. Congratulations on becoming a stay at home mom. It's the hardest job you will ever have. But well worth it.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Check out some of the mommy groups on meetup.com.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:33 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Give him a cigar and a martini and put him in front of the TV.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Give him a cigar and a martini and put him in front of the TV.
Typical mentality of a Las Vegas resident. Hence, why I thought it wasn't a good place to raise kids.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:22 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Typical mentality of a Las Vegas resident. Hence, why I thought it wasn't a good place to raise kids.
Maybe if you didn't take things so literally you'd have a weird sense of humor too. Then you could relax and enjoy life and not be such a bitter old sourpuss.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:08 AM

51 posts, read 201,505 times
Quote:
Are you serious!?!?!?! God God get a sense of humor. You wouldn't know a joke if it had 18 wheels, a ten ton trailer and drove through your living room.

Your post clearly shows what many people have said too many times to list in this forum. You just hate Vegas and will take any opportunity to say so. What a foolish, small little person you are.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:45 AM

You guys kill me. Instead of responding to the original poster you try to jump my one little tongue in cheek comment to someone. Get a life.

Furthermore, I'm the only one that actually answered her question properly and gave her some concrete ideas. The rest of you didn't. So she posts a question, she gets a couple of responses that lead her nowhere, bickering by people that look for any reason to refute anything I say...and she got a good response from me that answered her question.

Yes, what I wrote to answer her question is so "I hate Vegas."

Give me a break,...pathetic.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 PM

51 posts, read 201,505 times
Quote:
..... I'm the only one that actually answered her question properly and gave her some concrete ideas. .....
And let's not for get who threw the first off topic stone at another poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan
YOU started it! If you don't want others to jump on you for your negativity, try not being negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas