Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:56 AM

58 posts, read 343,707 times

Advertisements

Today I received a "Notice of Abatement" from the Clark County Public Response Office. The notice stated that I need to remove any weeds, rubbish, trash, vehicle parts, tires or other forms of "solid waste" from the front of my home. I removed any trash and I trimmed the weeds to about 1-inch long/tall throughout the front yard. So here's my question... Do you think just trimming the weeds & removing any stray trash will be sufficient in satisfying their wants? Or should I completely weed-wack the entire front yard until there are absolutely no weeds left?

I need to know how anal they are about this situation. If my yard is not cleaned up to their standards/expectations by July 1st, they are going to charge me $100 a day for the first week, $500 a day for the second week, and $1000 a day for the third week, until I have met their expectations.

Has anybody else received this letter before? If so, how anal/nit-picky were they (clark county public response office) about this situation? I can't afford to be hit with their outrageous fines.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 08:50 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
post pictures...then we'll advise.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
HOMER, Get off the Intenet and go mow the lawn.................

Old 06-12-2011, 08:58 AM

402 posts, read 1,406,005 times
Wink Pull those weeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmjm924x View Post
Today I received a "Notice of Abatement" . . . Do you think just trimming the weeds & removing any stray trash will be sufficient in satisfying their wants? Or should I completely weed-wack the entire front yard until there are absolutely no weeds left?

I need to know how anal they are about this situation. . . . I can't afford to be hit with their outrageous fines.

Thanks for any help.
1) Call them and ask. Don't wait for the fines.

2) Don't weed wack everything. Just pull the weeds or or pay a kid to pull them. You might get a fine for your lack of curb appeal/lawn if you weed wack it all.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Was this in a master planned community, therefore a Master Abatement?

Jonathan

Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Was this in a master planned community, therefore a Master Abatement?

Jonathan
Methinks that Master Abatement is what caused the problem in the first place.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 AM

402 posts, read 1,406,005 times
Red face Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Methinks that Master Abatement is what caused the problem in the first place.
The public visibility (on the front lawn) was probably the main issue with regards to the "Master Abatement."

Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Too much Master Abation is no good for you.

(then again...maybe they're just jerkin' you around!)

Last edited by jfkIII; 06-12-2011 at 01:27 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 12:29 PM

one should never abaye in public....its really bad for the image and since the HOW is already FILLED with MasterAbaters its trends towrds overkill

Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmjm924x View Post
Today I received a "Notice of Abatement" from the Clark County Public Response Office. The notice stated that I need to remove any weeds, rubbish, trash, vehicle parts, tires or other forms of "solid waste" from the front of my home. I removed any trash and I trimmed the weeds to about 1-inch long/tall throughout the front yard. So here's my question... Do you think just trimming the weeds & removing any stray trash will be sufficient in satisfying their wants? Or should I completely weed-wack the entire front yard until there are absolutely no weeds left?

I need to know how anal they are about this situation. If my yard is not cleaned up to their standards/expectations by July 1st, they are going to charge me $100 a day for the first week, $500 a day for the second week, and $1000 a day for the third week, until I have met their expectations.

Has anybody else received this letter before? If so, how anal/nit-picky were they (clark county public response office) about this situation? I can't afford to be hit with their outrageous fines.

Thanks for any help.
Such letters virtually always result from a complaint by a neighbor.

The issuance of the letter virtually always indicate a heavy overgrowth...they won't issue one for a couple of weeds in a bed.

Go pull the weeds. No weeds no problem. And think about how it looks to the neighbors. If they are happy there will be no more letters.

The actual requirements are here...

http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/a...spx#VEGETATION

I would suggest that you keep the neighbors happy as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas