Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM

77 posts, read 170,108 times

Advertisements

So, decided to stay in LV...much better financial choice.

Looking into homes in the area. Really looking for big home with Big lot....very hard to come by in areas we are looking at.

LOVE to stay in Summerlin b/c of amenities and family activities. However, the LOT size becomes a HUGE problem.

Found a GREAT home at "the Regency at the Lakes" Near Hualapi and DI. Very nice Guard Gated Community nestled in the western most boarder of the Lakes MPC. Boarders summerlin but not there, hence cannot take advantage of the various "stuff" particularly the Willows center right next door.
Also, the home is built in 1993. Huge lot and very nice size home, perfect for our fam of 5 and growing.

Anyone familiar with the area in question?

Wonder if we should try to wait out a place in summerlin for 400K and under, 3000+SF and lot of 12K+??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:36 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
The Lakes is one of the better parts of Las Vegas, so the home you described sounds great. I'd take it. The Lake community also has some community events you might enjoy, like the Parade of Boats at Christmas. Also, the location is one of the best.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,689 times
400k is going to get you a lot of home in vegas... even in Summerlin. You are going to be the only person to say whether or not it will work for you personally. I found many of the homes in Summerlin area were built badly... not all... but many were not up to snuff for me. Of course the area is wonderful.

I finally opted for further south... summerlin is just minutes away.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia112 View Post
So, decided to stay in LV...much better financial choice.

Looking into homes in the area. Really looking for big home with Big lot....very hard to come by in areas we are looking at.

LOVE to stay in Summerlin b/c of amenities and family activities. However, the LOT size becomes a HUGE problem.

Found a GREAT home at "the Regency at the Lakes" Near Hualapai and DI. Very nice Guard Gated Community nestled in the western most boarder of the Lakes MPC. Boarders Summerlin but not there, hence cannot take advantage of the various "stuff" particularly the Willows center right next door.
Also, the home is built in 1993. Huge lot and very nice size home, perfect for our fam of 5 and growing.

Anyone familiar with the area in question?

Wonder if we should try to wait out a place in Summerlin for 400K and under, 3000+SF and lot of 12K+??
BTW, what kind of family activities are in Summerlin that you couldn't do if you lived at The Lakes? You don't have to live there to partake of most of the activities. Summerlin is just another part of this town.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
The Lakes is one of the better parts of Las Vegas, so the home you described sounds great. I'd take it. The Lake community also has some community events you might enjoy, like the Parade of Boats at Christmas. Also, the location is one of the best.
I agree with Buzz, really nice area, you got Desert Breeze Park/Pool/Soccer Fields nearby and lots of shopping, stores and conveniences.

If your heart and mindset is set on living in Summerlin though, I'd wait for the perfect house to come on the market and I wouldn't rush into anything now. If time is on your side and you don't have to make a quick decision, wait it out and be in the place you want to be in with no regrets.

Either way, you're in a wonderful position with great areas and amenities and only you can make the decision. Whatever you choose, much good luck to you and your family!

Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,536 times
The "lakes" has different "sections" or neighborhoods of homes. for the type of home you are looking for, generally it will be in the western sections. I agree that the location is optimal, but if you want a large , newer built home with a large lot you might consider NW/centennial hills area generally north of the 215.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM

77 posts, read 170,108 times
Excellent comments thank you.
I agree being that close to Summerlin is great in that the parks and concerts/ etc are very accessible. Although I just spoke to a Summerlin counsil member on the phone in regards to my concerns and he states that their "plan" is to try to more activities, festivals, etc that you would need you Summerlin ID for.
One thing I was a bit bummed about in this particular area is the inability to use the Willows Park community center.

On the house front, I agree, 400+ can get a decent size home....but what is te deal breaker for me are the Lot sizes. REALLY looking for minimum 10k lot and fortunately this lakes home has it.
So, would "the Regency at the Lakes" still have access to the lake, like for personal use too?
Tried to call but no answer.

I have look a lot into the NW and SW and there are some Mansions! There. But we are really looking for a really community feel as well. Plus, my work is in Henderson and that would be too far. Unfortunately , Henderson is just so congested and so far from our friends that I just cannot talk myself into living there.

I fear that given my nearly unrealistic expectations (large house, large lot, in community, around 400, in LV) this may be a real rare find and I would hate to miss and have to settle. I hate home shopping
Thanks again

Typed on iPhone

Old 06-14-2011, 03:50 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,858,150 times
Quote:
On the house front, I agree, 400+ can get a decent size home....but what is te deal breaker for me are the Lot sizes. REALLY looking for minimum 10k lot and fortunately this lakes home has it.
So, would "the Regency at the Lakes" still have access to the lake, like for personal use too?
Tried to call but no answer.
You're on the wrong side of Ft. Apache to have access to Lake Sahara. You won't have access. Different HOA, different master association.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,471,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
BTW, what kind of family activities are in Summerlin that you couldn't do if you lived at The Lakes? You don't have to live there to partake of most of the activities. Summerlin is just another part of this town.
The OP was talking about Willows Pool and the festivals, activities that happen in Summerlin, etc.. You have to a Summerlin resident (and show your ID card) to be able to go in the poo/centerl and participate in the activities.

They used to have things like the Easter Egg Hunt, Ice Cream Sodas Event, Summerlin Sam's Birtday Party, Santa Claus Comes to Summerlin Party, etc, Geez, I went to them all, lol. Don't know if they still do those though, and at one time, they were open only to Summerlin residents. Maybe they allow everyone now, not sure.

Last edited by MomMom; 06-14-2011 at 04:19 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 05:38 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,071,714 times
You work in Henderson and are going to voluntarily buy a house in The Lakes? Yowza!

Quote:
Plus, my work is in Henderson and that would be too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas