Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 01:14 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,201 times

Advertisements

Here is the question: What price range per month or year are people paying for health insurance single coverage in the age range of 60 to 65. I am going to move to Las Vegas (retired) and I am trying to put together a monthly budget or what I need per year to live there. Please do not give me the stories about how crappy medical care is and etc every state has those stories. I need information on health insurance plan and a prescription plan included or seperate. Thanks for your in put when you give it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 02:29 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,435,554 times
I suggest that you search on Google or call any health insurance carrier such as blue cross/blue shield. There is no local health insurance specificaly targeted to Las Vegas.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:50 PM

135 posts, read 438,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott456 View Post
I suggest that you search on Google or call any health insurance carrier such as blue cross/blue shield. There is no local health insurance specificaly targeted to Las Vegas.
But rates do differ depending on your State of residence. When I was still in NY and paying for individual health insurance I paid just over $1,000. per month for Empire's HMO with prescription coverage; I know the cost would have been different in NV, but don't know what. If you go on-line and google health insurance you'll come up with some sites that will let you enter pertinant data and they will return pricing options - you may get some phone calls/emails, but they are easy to get rid of if you're not interested and they don't follow up - I found it time well spent for the information I received.
Good Luck,
Pam

Old 06-19-2011, 02:54 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Are you on Medicare yet? If so you just need a prescription supplemental don't you? The State of Nevada just screwed us out of our promised retirement plans and turned our coverage over to a private company. The we had to choose to buy plan that seemed right for us, so I ended up with Blue Cross-Blue Shield. My cost went up a little bit, but my out of pocket for copay and scripts will be zero. I have no idea what it would cost an individual, but BC-BS is supposed to be pretty good. Sorry I can't give you more info, but I think everyone's is going to be different based on health and age anyway. Mine will be $192.60 a month, and the state pays $10 per month for each year served, which is either 13 or 14.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:55 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
Go to eHealthinsurance (dot com) and enter your personal info to see the myriad of choices. It's a good site for your needs and lets you compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
Here is the question: What price range per month or year are people paying for health insurance single coverage in the age range of 60 to 65. I am going to move to Las Vegas (retired) and I am trying to put together a monthly budget or what I need per year to live there. Please do not give me the stories about how crappy medical care is and etc every state has those stories. I need information on health insurance plan and a prescription plan included or seperate. Thanks for your in put when you give it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas