Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 PM

383 posts, read 901,745 times

Advertisements

I see there are some people on here with some MGM knowledge so I have a question concerning my wife. She applied online Monday for a housekeeping position and was called in for an interview this morning. She said it went well and they sent her to take the drug test this afternoon which she did. At the Luxor they said they would call next week. My wife's english isn't perfect so she is a little nervous she might have missed something. From what I understand being sent to take the drug test is a good sign. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,539,618 times
that sounds about right... It can take upwards of more than a week to two before she hears anything. they will make a formal offer then she will have to go through an mass orientation. just give it at least a week. if they made her take a drug test she is almost there.

did they do the background check already?

passing a background test and drug test is a sure sign of an official offer coming.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM

I don't know how they could have done a background check yet. She only applied on Tuesday. They called yesterday and she went in this morning then took the drug test at 4 today. She will have no problem with either the background or drug test so she is pretty hopeful. She is an extremely hard worker so I believe it will all work out.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:07 PM

if no BG check yet, that can potentially take as long as a month to complete. it can also take a short as a week it depends on work load and quality of BG check.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,010,191 times
no...once she signs the offer, she will give consent to the bg check.. and its quick...less than a week...

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM

They did my BG check for Boyd while I was still living in Costa Rica and had not signed anything. Just a verbal offer. A girl HR called me a week later when it was done and told me I had to take the drug test that afternoon. I explained I was 3000 miles away. I flew up the following week and took the drug test and went for fingerprints. I started working less than a week later. I guess every company is a little different. I guess what I was getting at in the first post was the fact that she got sent to do a drug test pretty much a sign she would be offered something? She said out of 8 people who were interviewing about half were sent to take a drug test and the others were were told to wait for a call. Like I said her english is about 80% and she felt like the person who interviewed her told her she would be called next week to be told what kind of schedule she would have and what job they wanted her to do. She was told about the employee dining and uniforms and such. Her application was for Guest Room attendant but she said during the interview they asked her alot about room service. She told them she was willing to do anything and just wanted a chance to work. I guess we will wait and see.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 PM

most likely (keep your fingers crossed) she got the job, pending the bg and dt....housekeeping is one department with extreme turnover so there are always openings.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM

if they went into that much detail George, she has the job pending the BG and drug tests.

My BG check check only took a week, but my guy @ MGM pushed it through otherwise he told me it could take longer.

she is going to like working for the MGM gang... it's a great company to work for

Old 06-23-2011, 10:52 PM

just curious, what do the housekeepers earn and how long is it until you get insurance.?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:24 PM

I've heard rumors it is in the 15$ an hour range. She talked to a few of the girls in the cafeteria. They all liked their jobs. Not sure about insurance. I'd imagine sometime after the 90 day period if she is working enough hours. I got mine after 6 months. 401k at 3 months. She isn't super concerned over pay or insurance , just wants to start working somewhere. I am blessed to have a great wife who likes to work. Trust me it will be nice to have some extra money coming in though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas