Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 PM

508 posts, read 1,022,197 times

Advertisements

oh July will make month 4 or i guess 3.5 if you count from 15 april, i mean 16 April, i mean 18 april i mean....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you can talk to the tenant, but they have no obligation to leave plus they would have to break the contract with the property mgmt co.. what happens when the mgmt co. says no way...
but if the property management company is getting their money still why would they care? they dont lose anything by letting him go early.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:51 PM

322 posts, read 565,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
3. Received email asking me to purchase the CCR’s for the tenant.
4. I responded and asked why they needed it? They cannot change anything in my house or my back yard or the interior of the house. Everything has to stay as it was.
The tenant needs a copy of the CC&R's for your protection and his. There are likely numerous restrictions that apply to his living there. Some common ones that may or may not apply to your particular situation are things like no inoperable vehicles out front, no hanging your undies outside to dry, no yard sales, and so on. You risk HOA fines for his violations if you don't provide him a copy.

Quote:
And then to make a deal with the tenant…. All rent back (4 months) and July to find a new place?????
It doesn't have to be all rent back and July. He may want more or he may want less, both with respect to time and money. And he may tell you he isn't willing to terminate early at any price. The buyout deal will be whatever the 2 of you agree to by mutual consent, or otherwise the lease agreement rules if you can't reach an agreement. The key is the tenant is ultimately in control since you are the one wanting to break the lease without cause.

Quote:
I mean between storage and all the other money that I have had to spend it costs me to rent the place out.
I don't understand why you want to terminate at this point. Storage cost on your stuff is an ongoing expense, but the rest is basically front money getting ready for the rental income, and now that that is already spent, gone, and not recoverable, you don't want to stick around to collect the gravy for a few more months? You kick him out and not only do you not get any of that back, you likely have to clean again and pay cancellation money. Why not collect some rent before having to clean again and avoid the cancellation fees? And you say you want to sell the property instead of rent? You still have to pay storage on your stuff if you sell so there is no savings there to terminate the lease early. Seems that you are largely crying over spilled milk as the saying goes, and proposing to throw good money after bad. It looks like a no-brainer to me to ride out the remainder of the lease. Perhaps I'm not understanding something correctly about the situation.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV2ndHome View Post
The tenant needs a copy of the CC&R's for your protection and his. There are likely numerous restrictions that apply to his living there. Some common ones that may or may not apply to your particular situation are things like no inoperable vehicles out front, no hanging your undies outside to dry, no yard sales, and so on. You risk HOA fines for his violations if you don't provide him a copy.
Ok well that makes a little sense...

Quote:
It doesn't have to be all rent back and July. He may want more or he may want less, both with respect to time and money. And he may tell you he isn't willing to terminate early at any price. The buyout deal will be whatever the 2 of you agree to by mutual consent, or otherwise the lease agreement rules if you can't reach an agreement. The key is the tenant is ultimately in control since you are the one wanting to break the lease without cause.
But it is not necessarily without cause. I told them numerous times that I don’t want to rent it anymore (before the lease was signed) and they gave him the keys anyway.

Quote:
I don't understand why you want to terminate at this point.
See comment above

Quote:
Storage cost on your stuff is an ongoing expense, but the rest is basically front money getting ready for the rental income, and now that that is already spent, gone, and not recoverable, you don't want to stick around to collect the gravy for a few more months?
There is no gravy though. By the time it's all said and done I am in red every month because of this. It costs me more to rent it out then it does to just keep it.

Quote:
And you say you want to sell the property instead of rent?
I said (in future tense) i will never rent again. I would rather sell (i.e. whatever property I have at that time) then to rent. It was not a ********** I am going to sell statement (cause that’s my house - my one and only home) but a comment as to how unhappy I am about the situation.

[quote=LV2ndHome;19818766]Seems that you are largely crying over spilled milk as the saying goes, and proposing to throw good money after bad. It looks like a no-brainer to me to ride out the remainder of the lease. Perhaps I'm not understanding something correctly about the situation./quote]

Aside from me saying that I did not want their services about a dozen times (before the lease was signed) and they gave the keys anyway and it being my only home and what at the end of deployment?

I mean that is normally a year but the way it seems we might not stay that long. where do I live.... perhaps it a combination of all of the above.
  1. I'm loosing money.
  2. no home to go to
  3. I told them i didnt want their services and they did it anyway
  4. and the flat-out bold faced lying
I just really want my house back. I mean I don’t believe that's crying after spilled milk, I think there is just a certain amount of BS a person should have to endure and anything over that is just not acceptable. I’m not a door mat. But yes perhaps i am a bit angry over the whole thing... but who wouldn’t be?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:30 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
when you told them that you did not want them to rent the house.. did you put it in writing?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 AM

yeah to which they responded they guy already signed the lease and then another one of their office staff said he did not. and then on the 18th they even told the trash people the lease had not been signed yet and i have emails from them saying the guy has the keys as early as the 16th.

so if the lease has not been signed why does he have keys and a uhaul?

Old 06-30-2011, 01:27 AM

what day is the lease signed vs. what day is your paperwork signed that you sent to the management co.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
what day is the lease signed vs. what day is your paperwork signed that you sent to the management co.
April 14th
--> I just don’t really care to rent with them anymore. To cancel everything.

April 15th
--> Received apology email but was told that the person had signed the lease and that they already had a moving truck etc…

April 16th
--> Received email accidently from that second girl at the rental agency stating they were going to sign in the next day or two.

--> Wrote back, forwarding her own persons words, asking why they have out-right lied to me and how I don’t feel comfortable having someone who lies to be a representation of me or my name.

--> Received email stating they were going to speak with the legal department about canceling the lease.

--> Received email that the tenant was already moving in. to quote the email "they already have the keys and a uhaul"

April 18th
--> Due to a trash bill issue i had to give the contact information of the agency to the trash people. management company told trash company no lease was signed yet.

--> Emailed asking why the lease was not signed if the person was already moving in? Never received response.

or if you mean the paperwork that i signed to let them be the property people March 16th -- not quite 4 full days before i had to leave... then i left and the problems started.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:02 AM

so what date is on the lease?

Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
so what date is on the lease?
They never said.

first they said it was the 15th then the 16th then the 18th then who knows...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas