U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 06:52 PM

919 posts, read 386,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
Wait does DMV refund unused registration portion by the day you apply (or surrending the plate), or do they go by the day they received the application?! My registration renewal is early next month, and I am thinking about selling the car probably in a month or 2.

Only credit huh no cash refund? and is it a full refund or there are fees? Like if I paid 600 for 6 months and I only used 1 month up, do I get 5 months back or there are some fees etc.

Any idea about insurance, I bet the add a fee or refund you much less than 5 months? I have Geico.

Yeah thinking about selling my 2nd car that I dont' use often, do you guys think the used car price will stay at current price or keep going up? Since the chip shortage will last until 2023?!
I love CD but sometimes better to use the big bad Google-machine! Here you go:

https://dmvnv.com/platesurrender.htm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 10:44 PM

576 posts, read 547,517 times
Great thanks!

Old 05-19-2021, 08:13 AM

7,053 posts, read 5,984,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
ha ha ha ha ha ha that aint no lie!!!!

a little off topic but i always wondered why the DMV has a spot on the website that says you can renew ID / Drivers licenses online but when you try to and then call them (cause you cant) they say you cant do it and call you a lier cause you tell them i am sorry but i saw it was possible on your website...

i love our DMV.
I have successfully renewed online for a few years now and the last 2x I bought new cars I was able to transfer my license plates between old car to new online as well. Most people let the dealer do the plate exchange and wait forever, driving around with paper plates. By doing it myself online, I put the new plates on right away. Easy peesy.

Old 05-19-2021, 08:23 AM

919 posts, read 386,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I have successfully renewed online for a few years now and the last 2x I bought new cars I was able to transfer my license plates between old car to new online as well. Most people let the dealer do the plate exchange and wait forever, driving around with paper plates. By doing it myself online, I put the new plates on right away. Easy peesy.
Yes, but having paper plates for a while is half the value in buying a new car!

Old Today, 04:53 AM

3 posts, read 84 times
There is no refund for unused registration; instead, you will be given credit to register another vehicle in Nevada. I don't think you'd need the credit now that you've passed out of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas