U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,437 times

Advertisements

I moved to other state now and want to return my NV plate & get refund of unused registration fee (next renew is OCT, still 4 month to renew )

Any one ever returned your plate and got refund check?

DMV website only mentioned about selling your car and getting refund of registration fee.

any help would be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 PM

15,370 posts, read 36,387,806 times
with four months left, you'd probably get $2.00 and byt the time it hist the desk of the DMV they'll say...OH too bad....it got here so late we sent you a bill to renew ...you owe us $11,000

Old 06-30-2011, 06:22 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,583,517 times
There is no refund of unused registration, only credit towards registering another vehicle in NV. I've you've moved out of state, I can't see you'd have any use for the credit.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:16 AM

508 posts, read 944,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
with four months left, you'd probably get $2.00 and byt the time it hist the desk of the DMV they'll say...OH too bad....it got here so late we sent you a bill to renew ...you owe us $11,000
ha ha ha ha ha ha that aint no lie!!!!

a little off topic but i always wondered why the DMV has a spot on the website that says you can renew ID / Drivers licenses online but when you try to and then call them (cause you cant) they say you cant do it and call you a lier cause you tell them i am sorry but i saw it was possible on your website...

i love our DMV.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 AM

15,370 posts, read 36,387,806 times
Yeh.....I gotta agree....but ya get what ya pay for lol

Old 07-04-2011, 01:06 AM

if that is the case then our DMV should roll out the red carpet and call us by name not number.

i went from 35$ for registration (not vegas) to over right around 480$ (vegas) and then when i deployed i put my car in secured storage and then told my insurence company it was stored and gave them all the info so they lowered my insurence.

well i got a notice in the mail from the DMV to send proof of insurence so i sent it and then the lady told me well this is storage insurence you have to keep liability on it. and i said but im deployed and not driving it. its locked in a secured storage i can give you all their info and send you my orders and she said well you still have to pay the 300$ fine... and i said ok can i pay it now. and she said why your not driving it. and i said cause i dont want to be in trouble for something let me just take care of it now. and she said no. do it when i get back she doesnt care if i have orders or not and then hung up on me....

i love our DMV.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:04 AM

5,687 posts, read 10,073,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
if that is the case then our DMV should roll out the red carpet and call us by name not number.

i went from 35$ for registration (not vegas) to over right around 480$ (vegas) and then when i deployed i put my car in secured storage and then told my insurence company it was stored and gave them all the info so they lowered my insurence.

well i got a notice in the mail from the DMV to send proof of insurence so i sent it and then the lady told me well this is storage insurence you have to keep liability on it. and i said but im deployed and not driving it. its locked in a secured storage i can give you all their info and send you my orders and she said well you still have to pay the 300$ fine... and i said ok can i pay it now. and she said why your not driving it. and i said cause i dont want to be in trouble for something let me just take care of it now. and she said no. do it when i get back she doesnt care if i have orders or not and then hung up on me....

i love our DMV.
Your insurance company must be run by idiots. Anyone with a Nevada insurance license should know you can't ever drop down your liability coverage and that tickets for this are sent out on a daily basis by the DMV.

I would complain to the insurance commissioner and sue the insurance company in small claims court until they reimburse you for the amount. I am not kidding, you very likely would get them to pay. That is plain negligence, even if you are with Geico or Progressive they are required to have your account handled by someone licensed in Nevada who knows the law.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:50 AM

4,801 posts, read 7,132,693 times
Send the story to the local newspaper or TV station. The fine will probably be dropped..I can't see them messing with a deployed service member.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 AM

well its done and over with now... insurence turned back on (to normal coverage) and fine paid via their online site since those ladies would not help me.

but i asked if they had any "rules" for deployed persons and they said no. most states do. it's different when you are trying to drop down the insurence just because and when its stored and locked away in a secured storage area and in a different country.

they said if it was going to be stored then i should have turned in my plates and i said but i have custom plates i want to keep them and i am coming back... im just deployed.

the only solice i have is to know that at least i get my registration money back every year cause its tax deductable. it at least makes me feel like im not paying them for their sucky service.

it just scared the heck out of me cause i have never been in trouble for anything. i dont even have a ticket and one day i get a thing in the mail for my registration being suspended.

i was like what?!?!?! :O

Old 05-16-2021, 06:07 PM

576 posts, read 547,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post

Wait does DMV refund unused registration portion by the day you apply (or surrending the plate), or do they go by the day they received the application?! My registration renewal is early next month, and I am thinking about selling the car probably in a month or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
There is no refund of unused registration, only credit towards registering another vehicle in NV. I've you've moved out of state, I can't see you'd have any use for the credit.

Only credit huh no cash refund? and is it a full refund or there are fees? Like if I paid 600 for 6 months and I only used 1 month up, do I get 5 months back or there are some fees etc.

Any idea about insurance, I bet the add a fee or refund you much less than 5 months? I have Geico.

Yeah thinking about selling my 2nd car that I dont' use often, do you guys think the used car price will stay at current price or keep going up? Since the chip shortage will last until 2023?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas