Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:39 PM

89 posts, read 268,006 times

Advertisements

The latest episode of Flipping Vegas was interesting in the sense that it was easy to figure out the address of the house (and therefore the home's history). In the interests of privacy, I won't list the address here, but I found it by searching Zillow for recent sales of five bedroom, single story houses in the Lake Las Vegas section of Henderson. Also, they showed the house number on the show, which helped me verify I'd found the right house.

On the show, they spoke to the someone they identified as the owner of the home (a realtor named Danielle). The Clark County Assessor website shows that the home was owned by a man named Charles. The price paid by the flippers was accurate ($190,000), but the Clark County website shows the home was purchased by a company called Wishing Well Property Investments, LLC. To give the show the benefit of the doubt, perhaps this company is related to Goliath in some way, but I have my doubts. I think this company bought it and allowed Scott to act like it was his project for the sake of the show.

This episode had the usual contrived and absurd situations to add drama. In this case, it was a snake that just happened to slither into the house, and an artificially quick open house date that forced everyone to work really long hours. According to Scott, he gave the workers only a week to do everything before the open house "to keep renovation costs low." Then they showed him paying the granite fabricators a premium because he was so far behind schedule.

The show ends with a first day offer of $315,000, but the Assessor website shows the sale price was actually $300,000, which is a much smaller exaggeration than I would expect with this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 04:46 PM

412 posts, read 915,809 times
The snake was clearly staged by the show because the camera was set up to record it going into the house.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
I wonder if House Hunters or My First Home will ever come to Vegas?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I wonder if House Hunters or My First Home will ever come to Vegas?
They have actually both been to Vegas (House Hunters more than once). They recently showed a rerun of House Hunters in which a guy from Idaho was choosing among three condos near the South Point. I believe the show was filmed in 2007. It ended with him paying over $300,000 for a unit in those Manhattan Condos at Serene and Las Vega Blvd, which is probably worth less than $100,000 now.

The best part of the episode is when they had to edit the narration to account for the drastic reduction in condo prices since 2007. The original phrase was something like, "The Las Vegas condo market is down about 20%" and it was edited to, "The Las Vegas condo market is down," with the sentence stopping so abruptly that you can tell they just chopped the end of it off.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKVegas View Post
They have actually both been to Vegas (House Hunters more than once). They recently showed a rerun of House Hunters in which a guy from Idaho was choosing among three condos near the South Point. I believe the show was filmed in 2007. It ended with him paying over $300,000 for a unit in those Manhattan Condos at Serene and Las Vega Blvd, which is probably worth less than $100,000 now.

The best part of the episode is when they had to edit the narration to account for the drastic reduction in condo prices since 2007. The original phrase was something like, "The Las Vegas condo market is down about 20%" and it was edited to, "The Las Vegas condo market is down," with the sentence stopping so abruptly that you can tell they just chopped the end of it off.
Ha!

I wish I could catch that episode.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:49 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Ha!

I wish I could catch that episode.
Hulu used to have that episode online (Season 27, episode 2):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/57196/house-hunters-las-vegas-condo (broken link)

But it isn't working for me now. Maybe it can be found elsewhere online?

They also tour my place, Boca Raton Condos.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:19 PM

83 posts, read 179,402 times
Default Great remodel

I have to say I was really impressed with what they did with this house. Have my doubts they did it in the time represented but the changes were
very dramatic. I am not surprised it sold ASAP. That strip view is awesome.
Oh and the real estate lady and the bidet was hilarious.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:02 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,253 times
Von949, I found that episode of House Hunters (Las Vegas) after all. It covers the 3 main condos on the south strip. You can watch it for free here:
Watch Las Vegas Condo: House Hunters Full Length Episodes Online | Free on XFINITY TV

Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Von949, I found that episode of House Hunters (Las Vegas) after all. It covers the 3 main condos on the south strip. You can watch it for free here:
Watch Las Vegas Condo: House Hunters Full Length Episodes Online | Free on XFINITY TV
Thanks.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Thanks for the link. I just watched it, which allowed me to see the original quote "...the median condo price down to just $209,000." No wonder they've edited that line in the reruns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas