Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,924,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
lol.....gates are a false sense of security
Very true. Then again, some sense might be better than none!

Before we bought here in Centennial Hills, my husband stayed in a condo in a guard gated community across from The District. They had a few instances there too as idiots still shimmied over the walls. I loved the area, hated the condo village thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:02 AM

37 posts, read 117,862 times
We r coming out in mid august for 3 weeks.... Hopefully to find something.... I think we will concentrate on green valley ranch...

Old 07-13-2011, 08:15 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,458,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplnowsoonLV View Post
We r coming out in mid august for 3 weeks.... Hopefully to find something.... I think we will concentrate on green valley ranch...
Coming from horrible NY, you'll probably love it here in LV. Don't listen to the naysayers who don't live here, they're just jealous, lol.

Good luck in your home search! Green Valley Ranch is fantastic, and don't exclude Summerlin. Look at Red Rock Country Club and TPC, also subdivisions in The Vistas The Hills, The Trails, also look into Spanish Trails and Spanish Wells in the Southwest area as well.

Have some fun while you're here too!

Last edited by MomMom; 07-13-2011 at 08:23 AM..

Old 07-13-2011, 08:25 AM

37 posts, read 117,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Coming from horrible NY, you'll probably love it here in LV. Don't listen to the naysayers who don't live here, they're just jealous, lol.

Good luck in your home search! Green Valley Ranch is fantastic, and don't exclude Summerlin. Look at Red Rock Country Club and TPC, also subdivisions in The Vistas The Hills, The Trails, also look into Spanish Trails and Spanish Wells in the Southwest area as well.

Have some fun while you're here too!
Thank you for all ur suggestions!!! I'm not really sure how far 500k will go in green valley ranch until I get there.... Looking forward to the journey!!! But I will say.... A lot of negative people on this forum... I think some people on here would boo Santa Claus.... Lol.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:54 AM

25 posts, read 43,171 times
Default prices

Yeah, you don't need anywhere near 500k to live well.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplnowsoonLV View Post
Thank you for all ur suggestions!!! I'm not really sure how far 500k will go in green valley ranch until I get there.... Looking forward to the journey!!! But I will say.... A lot of negative people on this forum... I think some people on here would boo Santa Claus.... Lol.
Don't let the negatives get you down. If you check on their posting history, some of them don't and have never lived in Las Vegas.

Come out on your trip, look around, and I mean really LOOK around. Spend lots of time driving all over, go into neighborhoods, see the grocery stores (go IN them) see the shopping centers, banks, gas stations, the way the communities are maintained, check out parks (we got lots of em), engage in conversation with some locals, they'll tell you the real deal from THEIR own circumstances, good or bad. And only then after absorbing it all can you make the correct decision for yourself, good or bad about relocating here.

I'm glad you're coming in August, one of the hottest months, heat and constant sunshine is a factor to some people, some hate it, some love it. See if you think you'd tolerate it well and also, it's a culture/geography shock coming from a city to the desert. Again, it's a matter of taste and only seeing it in person would you know if you can tolerate that as well.

Keep us up to date on how it's going for you!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 AM

14,229 posts, read 29,972,883 times
Glad to hear you are coming out for 3 weeks....in August. You will get a dose of Vegas at it's hottest. Remember, it just gets better weather wise from there.

I agree you should go everywhere and see everything. I can't think of anyplace nicer to live than Vegas.....if you don't have to make a living!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Glad to hear you are coming out for 3 weeks....in August. You will get a dose of Vegas at it's hottest. Remember, it just gets better weather wise from there.

I agree you should go everywhere and see everything. I can't think of anyplace nicer to live than Vegas.....if you don't have to make a living!
C'mon yellowsnow, there ARE just a few people who live here that work at jobs that enable them to support themselves and even have some fun you know.

Seems you're having some employment problems, so I know you are not one of those people from your prior postings, but there definately are a few (just a few, maybe 2 or 3) people that live in Vegas and can work, make a livable wage and enjoy some of it too.

Last edited by MomMom; 07-13-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas