Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:10 PM

28 posts, read 67,885 times

Advertisements

When we moved out here on June 10th my wife already had a job lined up but I didn't. I was a bus driver back in PA. I started putting in applications every week. I was determined to find something soon. I had a few interviews along the way and had another one yesterday morning. After that interview I came home and checked the messages on the home phone and I had two different job offers. I accepted one of them and went to their office and did all the paperwork, physical and drug test. I still have some training to do and should start next week sometime. I got a call this morning from the interview I had yesterday morning and they offered me the job too but I had to turn it down. I can't believe I had three job offers in two days. Looks like vacation is over for me and time to get back to real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
good for you... congratulations.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:19 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Congratulations on the job, you have discovered the REAL truth about Las Vegas, there are jobs available.

I dont understand the job situation....

We had a security guard [armed security] that reported for his first day on the job and told the director of security "I dont want to cary a gun." The second day he "asked for an EO because he was 'tired'". The third day he called off because he "Was to tired to work" the forth day they told hime that "He failed to complete probation." AND HE BITCHED.

Where are all these people that WANT a job?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:48 PM

270 posts, read 535,006 times
Congratulations on receiving multiple job offers! Great news and good luck to you.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM

228 posts, read 718,744 times
Congrats to you sir. You give me hope, cause I know for a fact there are jobs in my field. I just need to take the trip out there and apply to them all.

Enjoy LV.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkimO View Post
When we moved out here on June 10th my wife already had a job lined up but I didn't. I was a bus driver back in PA. I started putting in applications every week. I was determined to find something soon. I had a few interviews along the way and had another one yesterday morning. After that interview I came home and checked the messages on the home phone and I had two different job offers. I accepted one of them and went to their office and did all the paperwork, physical and drug test. I still have some training to do and should start next week sometime. I got a call this morning from the interview I had yesterday morning and they offered me the job too but I had to turn it down. I can't believe I had three job offers in two days. Looks like vacation is over for me and time to get back to real life.

Thanks for letting us know this, it offers hope to everyone who wants to move here and needs to get a job as well.

Great news and proof that YES it can still be done.

Congrats and much continued good luck to you

Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
Congrats, way to go!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Congratulations on the job, you have discovered the REAL truth about Las Vegas, there are jobs available.

I dont understand the job situation....

We had a security guard [armed security] that reported for his first day on the job and told the director of security "I dont want to cary a gun." The second day he "asked for an EO because he was 'tired'". The third day he called off because he "Was to tired to work" the forth day they told hime that "He failed to complete probation." AND HE BITCHED.

Where are all these people that WANT a job?
I want a REAL job dammit!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:47 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkimO View Post

Congratulations! Thank you for the update.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:54 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,219 times
Congratulations. I hope it works out as well for my son and his wife when they arrive. I work for a company online, so I won't need to job look. I guess I have rose colored classes about life because it has always been my belief, that if you want to work, you can work. It may not be the job you dream of, it may mean you put in applications from 8-5 every single day until you get hired, but if you REALLY want to work, and you are healthy, you will find work. Thanks for letting me know it is true out there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: