Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:08 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmom64 View Post
We'll be moved in by end of August. From what I've read 89015 gets a bit of a bad rap because of higher crime around Boulder Hwy and the older sections but if you do some driving, especially around Racetrack, you'll find some nice homes, decent prices & no HOA's. Really nice dog park and aquatic center off Burkholder. We're moving from San Clemente so the aquatic center may be the only water scene we'll have for awhile! We checked out Spring Valley area too....found older homes, no HOA's and a little more urban. 89015/Foothill area is definitely "out" a bit but if you don't mind adding 10 min to your drive, I'm sure you'd like the peace & quiet.
Wow, what a change from San Clemente to the desert!
890015 sounds like it may work for us. The area you mentioned sounds nice. I've looked on Realtor.com & found some nice looking homes in that zip & 89002 without HOA's. We'll need to check out the areas Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 04:43 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Some neighborhoods need an HOA for the sake of the home owners that do take care of their property. Just look at the homes on Lake Meade between Decature and Michael Way. Some of those older homes have the most beautiful yards. Perfectly trimmed trees, creative landscaping, non matching but very well kept home colors. Yet those homes(area) are in the middle of people who dont care, convenient stores, empty lots, vacant homes etc.

I would hate to have a great looking home in a not so great area.

BUT.................

Vice Versa is not good either. Having a great neighborhood with 1 or 2 terrible looking homes is an eyesore. It seems to take away from everyone's home appeal. I live in a strict HOA community and sometimes it gets annoying but when me an my wife go running in the morning we have clean, well kept, floral, trimmed running trails in our neighborhood. These trails along with the two parks in my community make it worth while for the $56 I pay monthly.

At least I wont have to worry about living next to this all of a sudden.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:48 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
that home was in a fire... it can happen anywhere... but i agree, i don't want to be next to a multicolored home either

Old 07-29-2011, 05:48 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
that home was in a fire... it can happen anywhere... but i agree, i don't want to be next to a multicolored home either
I have seen homes in the valley with fire damage from the early 2000s. I can bet that if that were to happen to my neighborhood it would be taken care of right away.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,937,529 times
I know what you're talking about can happen when there is no HOA. I don't mind the monthly fee, I just don't like someone telling me that I need to get approval to landscape my front & backyard & that I can't put up a nice white fence around the front, etc. or harass me for 1 weed when the house across the street doesn't look so good! My sister in law lives in the 89117 zip off Charleston & Durango, no HOA & the neighborhood is beautiful. I'd love to find a home for sale in that area that wasn't too expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas