Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:11 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times

Advertisements

Oh for gosh sakes, you're at it again! You did this same bashing a while ago, complaining Las Vegas has no culture, not good enough compared to California...while you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't make sense that you CHOSE TO LIVE IN A PLACE YOU HATE!!

Here you were on 4/30/11

[I[B]]"^ Everything is sub-par here compared to California."[/[/b]I]

On 4/28/11 and 4/29/11

"There are very few places in all of Las Vegas that met my wife and my standards for living. Generally I just was not impressed with the options that many of these communities offered. The one community that we were thoroughly impressed with, was Anthem Country Club. Right when you drive in, you know you are living with real people. The prices are expensive, which seems to keep the riff-raff out. The community is geared towards serving you, which is what I expect when I buy a home. The amenities are like nothing I have seen here. There is so much to do here from various exercise class(Yoga, Pilates, Swimming) to exquisite dinning options, to a beautiful Tom Fazio golf course(our home has a beautiful view of this). There are a plethora of amenities here, including a 3 mile walking path. The other beautiful thing abut Anthem Country Club is that many of the homes actually have grass backyards. That is unheard of in the desert. There is so much water and grass here, you would be hard pressed to believe you are in the desert. They have even talked about building a indoor bowling alley for the residents as well. With so much this place has to offer, I hardly leave the gates and associate with the common man."

[B]^ With all due respect, I am not "better" than the "common man", but I am more refined and I am cut from a different cloth. Semantics? Maybe. I also possess an ivy league education, in addition to a doctorate in my field of expertise. I respect people who make money in a honorable profession(i.e not scum who make money working as "entertainers"),and who are white collar workers. Being able to rely on yourself and not others is what life is all about. I drive by North Las Vegas on occasion, and I just laugh at these people who are pushing shopping carts down the street, talking to themselves, smoking crack. I can't tell you how often they have knocked on my car window, begging for money. Guess what? I worked even when I was going to school. Even when I was struggling financially back then, I never asked for help, because asking for help is a sign of weakness. You can do anything in life, you just have to work hard for it. My parents could have given me everything in life, but made me work for it. I expect the same from others. There will be no money that is let go from my account, unless it benefits me in a tax break purpose. So to bring this discussion around full circle, that is what I appreciate living in a guard gated community like Anthem Country Club. I am surrounded by many well educated and cultured people who enjoy talking and conversing on levels that many common people couldn't comprehend( for example a discussion on the Golf course last week disccused the classical rhetorical trope of anaphora in many of Charles Dickens' novels). Case in point, there is much cerebral thinking that goes on here at Anthem Country Club, and that reflects the residents who reside here.[/b]

And even from the year before 9/2010

There are lots of wonderful states to VISIT. There are really only 2 states people want to really live in, which would be California and Hawaii. Everything else is fun to visit, but not worth living. Those are only two REAL states worth living in.
Trust me, Las Vegas is like what many have said on here.Its an absolute dump of a place to live(but a real fun place to go for a few days). Culture in Vegas consists of the following: binge drinking, smoking, going to strip clubs. Miami is a little chaotic for me as well. They have the beach though, but its too much of a party town, and that isn't for me. Pennysvania drivers...WOW. I have driven in 35 states, and Pennyslvania, New York and Massachusetts are ones where I will refuse to drive. Those people drive like maniacs over there.

1. Califonria...opera, great beaches, culture, diversity. It really is the greatest state, but a real ***** to survive in, due to its high cost of living.
2. Hawaii... phenomenal weather, great people, isolated from the mainland(a big plus),

Other places I would consider living other than these two

1. Bahamas, Fiji, Tahiti, Costa Rica....

And so you're back here again, still living here and comparing city vs. city.... Us locals want to help others seeking the info, but if your intention is to use your seemingly innocent questions/posts as an excuse to be a basher of the city and us residents and not use these forums with the intention to which they were made for, then you need to be exposed as such. Either that or yer just yankin' our chain for reaction. I mean c'mon, Vegas isn't for EVERYONE but if you hate it so much, why did you move here from the areas you seemingly love?

The reason for my questioning (above)...you posted this yesterday in a different thread...

Yesterday, 05:21 PM
Dr. Vox

[i]"Could someone tell me a list of the guard gated communities that are located within the Green Valley area, and what you would consider to be the best? Looking to find a home that is near the Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa, but that is located within a 24 hour GUARD GATED community."[/
I]

Last edited by MomMom; 07-19-2011 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: DELETED AND REPOSTED ORIGINAL- EDIT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Give'm hell MomX2

Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Give'm hell MomX2

Thank you my friend.

It's not about giving anyone hell, some people just don't like living in Las Vegas, the place has its faults like everywhere else and those posters have just as much right to whine about the wrong choices they made for themselves as people who love it here and are cheerleaders of the place

But the elitism of that poster

And the big question as to why he came to live here from such better and wonderful places than LV in his opinion And why would anyone want to help him find a home here when all he does is bash the place

Anyways, the poster, Mr. Dr. offered an apology for playing the bait and bash-capade trolling game so I, for one, will try and help him in his further questions as much as possible.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:05 PM

25 posts, read 30,293 times
Lol

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM

37 posts, read 118,176 times
Wow... I thought people were mad and angered in manhattan..

Old 07-19-2011, 07:10 PM

37 posts, read 118,176 times
Mommom... Thanks for trying to help me!!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplnowsoonLV View Post
Mommom... Thanks for trying to help me!!
welcome!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:18 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Anyways, the poster, Mr. Dr. offered an apology for playing the bait and bash-capade trolling game so I, for one, will try and help him in his further questions as much as possible.
And he'll reply to your assistance.....the next time the public library has an open computer and he can borrow another derelicts library card.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,894 times
Vegas is awesome. Moved here from San Diego 8 years ago and love it. So many sunny days and so much to do in doors and outdoors. Check out red rock, mount charleston, lake meade or nearby lake powell...nearby ski resorts...lots to do. Very centrally located for travel.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times

Sent from watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas