Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeethakid View Post
L.A is where I really want to be. We are going out there on the 1st to stay with friends for a couple days, which is when I will blast out as many resumes as I can. If I can land something big, I will relocate there. Also we are staying 2 days in Boulder on the way to Vegas just to check it out. I've been told it is fun there so... Sure there are some things I will miss here, but many I will def not! I will miss the trees in autumn; I will miss Sacandaca lake and jet skiing. Hunting, fishing. My friends, family, ect. I will not miss low pay and harsh winters, not very much to do but bars. You can't even snowmobile or ski here anymore we don’t even get enough snow! It's just cold as hell. I will not miss the rust on my cars! It just seems depressed here and I need a change. Here is great to raise a family no doubt, but I don’t even want kids.. L.A or San Diego is for me, but I cannot afford it yet. I’m not in the 6 figure bracket yet but I will be.. Thanks for your support and I have nothing but love for our area, its just time to try something different and if it fails, life here isn't the end of the world, LOL. At least I will have tried.
You have such a great attitude! I bet you land something out in L.A or San Diego..two really great choices. If you do that, you can easily visit Vegas anytime. Be careful though..Boulder is also a great place. You might end up staying there.
I wish more people had an attitude like yours. You know what you want, you look forward to it and you will go far in life. Good for you.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I bought my home for $140K in 2003. Its a single family house in the NW Cheyenne/95 area 1700 sq ft built in 80's and my payments are $932 incl impounds. My neighbor just sold his home for 296K last month. I know others that bought in the late 90's for under 100K in the same area. Its really unfortunate that in just a few years, the prices have just been terrible for those wanting to move here. I couldn't afford a house in CA (bay area) so that is the main reason for moving here. Plus i'm in the right line of work here because there are almost 100,000 residential pools in clark county.
Mine was $156,000, and nobody lived here beforehand. Although they used to dump the bodies out here way back when. Now they dump them in the southwest.
Oops, the metro crime blotter forgot to mention that..

I also remember when really nice homes were under or near $100,000 in Summerlin. Those days are long gone. And it wasn't even that long ago. 7-8 years ago.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Mine was $156,000, and nobody lived here beforehand. Although they used to dump the bodies out here way back when. Now they dump them in the southwest.
Oops, the metro crime blotter forgot to mention that..

I also remember when really nice homes were under or near $100,000 in Summerlin. Those days are long gone. And it wasn't even that long ago. 7-8 years ago.
I don't doubt what you say but I can remember looking at homes in Summerlin when they were just getting started back in 1991, and everything we looked at was in the $130,000 or 140,000 range. After renting for three years we ended up paying $132,000 for a house off of Lone Mountain and Decatur which we sold in 2001 for $170,000. The house we bought then doubled in value in three years. Now it has dropped about 15% of what it was worth two years ago. If we can find a buyer (big IF), we will still be way ahead. We will move to New Mexico and buy a similar house for about half what it would cost here, use our equity from this one as a down payent, and have a very low mortgage. At least that's the plan.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
You have such a great attitude! I bet you land something out in L.A or San Diego..two really great choices. If you do that, you can easily visit Vegas anytime. Be careful though..Boulder is also a great place. You might end up staying there.
I wish more people had an attitude like yours. You know what you want, you look forward to it and you will go far in life. Good for you.
Thanks Pinkstring! Its nice to have some support around here Im just tired of the hater attitude I get from people, NOT JFK... I mean people around here that don't understand why we are leaving.. The guys that I went to high school, god bless them but sitting around at their parents homes, settling for 30k a year popping out babies and can't take care of them. That’s not for me. It makes me sad. I just want an adventure and to see new things, and meet new positive people much like yourself. I’m sure there are plenty of bad things to complain about in Vegas, but there ARE tons of positives, and the opportunity seems there for the hustlers. Get out and make some $$$. Thanks again, and this site needs more people like you!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM

98 posts, read 433,338 times
I couldn't agree more! From the second I arrived here, I just wanted to go home! Thankfully we have been here a year and we will be getting out in 6 weeks!!! Let me count the days!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeethakid View Post
Thanks Pinkstring! Its nice to have some support around here Im just tired of the hater attitude I get from people, NOT JFK... I mean people around here that don't understand why we are leaving.. The guys that I went to high school, god bless them but sitting around at their parents homes, settling for 30k a year popping out babies and can't take care of them. That’s not for me. It makes me sad. I just want an adventure and to see new things, and meet new positive people much like yourself. I’m sure there are plenty of bad things to complain about in Vegas, but there ARE tons of positives, and the opportunity seems there for the hustlers. Get out and make some $$$. Thanks again, and this site needs more people like you!
It sounds like where I'm from. I know people who have never been outside of the state and say they never will. I think they are afraid to confront the real world beyond their borders. They might have to realize they are in a trap they set for themselves, then they'd have to take responsibility for their own lives. Lots of them sit around waiting for the government or somebody else to do something to make them happy. I love new things and still look at trying something new as an adventure...even though I'm too old to cut the mustard.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momzilla View Post
I couldn't agree more! From the second I arrived here, I just wanted to go home! Thankfully we have been here a year and we will be getting out in 6 weeks!!! Let me count the days!
I'm betting that you had your mind made up you wouldn't like it before you ever set foot in Las Vegas. Now everything you have to say about it is just to make us wrong because you mistakenly think it's the only way you can be right. If you didn't want to come here you shouldn't have done it in the first place. You probably didn't want to leave where you were but did it anyway. So take responsibility for it and don't blame us for your misery.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:32 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
Some people just like misery. My thought is she becomes a RWF and bashes Vegas to a year until she hates her new place enough to move to that forum.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
One would think a Tarot Reader would have seen this in the cards.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 PM

294 posts, read 1,334,415 times
Quote:
No one really cares. Comments like this just stink up this forum like a dead carcas. I have no problem with negative posts, but these are like "just burn the place down". We dont need that. Beat it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas