Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:20 PM

670 posts, read 1,104,658 times

Advertisements

this is an interesting subject but, as buzz said there are probably so many liens on a property like that a sale going through is probably unlikely.

also, the likelyhood of the rest of the development ever being completed is probably slim so, you end up with a single finished house in a neighborhood of abandoned, dilapidated houses. How would one ever sell such a house? The price would have to be very low compared to the house in an established neighborhood.

still a facinating topic - a development gone ghost before it was ever completed or occupied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 09:19 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtvette View Post
this is an interesting subject but, as buzz said there are probably so many liens on a property like that a sale going through is probably unlikely.

also, the likelyhood of the rest of the development ever being completed is probably slim so, you end up with a single finished house in a neighborhood of abandoned, dilapidated houses. How would one ever sell such a house? The price would have to be very low compared to the house in an established neighborhood.

still a facinating topic - a development gone ghost before it was ever completed or occupied.

Yeah, this is indeed more fascination than anything else. It's just these four houses. The rest of the development was never even started. Just wonder what happens in such situations; ie, will the houses sit for several more years falling into further disrepair until they're unrecoverable, or will they be snapped up dirt cheap and finished? There's actually a lot of development recently underway in the surrounding lots.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
There's actually a lot of development recently underway in the surrounding lots.
And what does THAT tell you?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Those places are currently being foreclosed. Likely trustee sale this fall.

A nice location up against the park...so I would expect them to be bought and finished next year. That is if they are not damaged to the point of need to be leveled. Three however appeared to be roofed so they should be OK.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:13 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Those places are currently being foreclosed. Likely trustee sale this fall.

A nice location up against the park...so I would expect them to be bought and finished next year. That is if they are not damaged to the point of need to be leveled. Three however appeared to be roofed so they should be OK.

Yeah, it's a great location. Went to the park again today (I take my dogs there pretty often) - looks like only two of the four have finished roofs.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
This is what I did -- it allowed me to purchase a house I could NEVER afford otherwise. Better have every tool under the sun. And a serious desire to learn how to build and finish a house. Building it is EASY -- floors, stairs, and trim is the hard part.

Really? Wow!

For me the trim,stairs and floors would be easy. I would be afraid of the framing part. That's neat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas