Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,081,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasG3 View Post
you know what I wish they had here?Dave and Busters.The problem is they'd built it on the Strip instead of in a location that's easier for locals to access.
D&B is awesome. I used to go to the one in Irvine Spectrum all the time. Town Square would be a perfect location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM

222 posts, read 385,067 times
Waffle House!

Lib's patty melt, hash browns smothered, and a waffle. Mmmmmmmmm.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:29 PM

56 posts, read 120,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Please Scandia...build us another put put golf course! There is NOTHING decent in this town for a challenging game of mini-golf.

There is an indoor putt putt place off of Lake Mead and 95.But agreed on Scandia. Another investment group who thought the land it sat one would triple in value and they could build condos on it.(hello Wet n Wild)

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 PM

848 posts, read 1,723,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I would respectfully disagree with your assessment of furniture stores. For my money, Crate and Barrel (part of the German OttoGroup) is far superior to West Elm and Z Gallerie, quality- and selection-wise. If I could only have one contemporary furniture store, C&B would be it. West Elm certainly IS similar -- and often less pricey, despite being owned by the Williams-Sonoma group, also owner of Pottery Barn -- but they are minuscule compared to the large selection of C&B. Z Gallerie is much more trend-oriented. Pottery Barn is for the person who prefers traditional furniture rather than contemporary. Restoration Hardware (which I believe you also lack) is most similar to PB, but even more expensive.

For anyone who has a hankering to shop and compare any and all of these stores, they are a stone's throw from each other in the Keirland neighborhood of North Scottsdale, AZ.

As for IKEA, it's great for the bargain shopper, especially people who need to do kitchens or offices on a budget, but it's also in a completely different category as those other non-super stores. I have heard it said that IKEA locates in places with a sizable population of young people (although that wouldn't explain how Pittsburgh got one of the first in the U.S. )
They can surely try open one here and see how it will work out. EQ3 did not last very long and I love EQ3, too bad!! It will have plenty of competition from the stores I have mentioned on my previous post including Pier One and the rest of the furniture/home decor stores in Clark County. As far as IKEA, they don't have faith in the locals, so goodluck on that one!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhunting View Post
I LOVED Mimi's, ate breakfast there once a week. Unfortunatley they don't have any in Washington. I mentioned on a previous thread when I get back into Vegas to visit family I am hitting up a bunch of restaurants. I'm gonna eat breakfast and dinner out for a straight week just to get my "fix". I miss a lot of places
Mimi's Cafe served delicious meals, breakfast lunch and dinner. Fortunately there are two nearby in my area.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
Ahhh, Mimis Cafe and Cracker Barrel are entirely different. We have them right across the street from each other here and they can't really be compared to each other. Cracker Barrel is true country cooking with all the fixin's. Mimis Cafe is completely different. I love them both!
Blueberry Hill can use a competition so it would be nice to have Cracker Barrel here!!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,985,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
I am kind of surprised LV doesn't have an IKEA (casting my vote to get one)

Pah!

I'd settle for a decent lumber yard. I'm sick of waiting for wood to ship from AZ.

( /me goes back to building first guitar in the shop.)

Old 08-09-2011, 09:49 PM

136 posts, read 276,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmom View Post
Culver's - Butter Burgers and Frozen Custard... a great midwestern chain. I think they have on in Phoenix too, but they are big in WI, MN, IA...
Yeah, I'll go with this. I miss Culver's already.

IKEA would be great.

Must be something with Chick-Fil-A's. I guess I'll have to check it out next time I'm near one.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 PM

270 posts, read 534,741 times
Dunkin Donuts!!!!

Starbucks is ridiculously expensive and can't match D&D. Miss it terribly.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,640 times
I think Cane's wipes the floor with Chik-Fil-A.

And am I the only one who finds a great portion of Ikea's stuff to be somewhat...I don't know. Disposable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas