Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2007, 09:36 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
just in case anyone missed it...my complete last post was taken right from the movie...I just substituted Las Vegas wording, where some others had previously existed for the fictitious town in the 1976 oscar-winning movie, 'Network'. It was all toungue-in-cheek...but it all fit so well.

That we knew the origin of garbage in no way changes the nature of the beast. Malicious overkill is still malicious overkill...even with a little humor on top.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:44 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
sorry, capt...I was just hoping the humor of it would put an end to the thread.

Obviously not...it still lives...

Last edited by jfkIII; 08-23-2007 at 09:57 AM..

Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The problem in Nevada is that people in places like Summerlin and Henderson elect Bob Beers. Not saying that either Bob is a bad guy. Both are thoughtful gentlemen. But the are small government anti-tax to their core.

Looks like you mean Dennis Nolan.
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/74th/Legi...tors/Nolan.pdf

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/74th/Legi...hristensen.pdf
The Nevada Observer: News
//
[Sept 15, 2004]
Assemblyman Chad Christensen, fined earlier this year over his campaign financing, dealing with making payments to himself from his election coffers, is again being questioned, this time in a complaint filed by his opponent for the District 13 seat in the Assembly.

Christensen won his Republican Primary by 81 percent. He will be facing Democrat Justin Jones and Libertarian Debra Payne-Dedmon in November. Jones has filed a complaint with the Secretary of State claiming Christensen is in violation of numerous election campaign rules.

Christensen was fined $4,500 for more than 50 violations earlier this year, mostly for paying himself money from his campaign war chest. Jones says he has done it again, loaning himself $3,500. Christensen says it was what he called an advance and it has been repaid.
//

Old 08-23-2007, 10:10 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,080 times
Quote:
Go away JFK...your premise is ludicrous. Vegas is a blue color town. It is never going to be San Jose. But it is never going to be Buffalo or Cleveland or Detroit either.

Schools are middle of the pack. So is crime. Air pollution is not a large factor. The custom of building cities in valleys is very wide spread in the US. Check it out.

Moaning over growth is a regular thing for the old timers everywhere. I was even upset by the growth behind Lone Mountain and I was a relative new comer. But that decision was actually made 20 years ago. Crying about it when it happened was not useful. A freeway down the middle of it made a "keep it rural" defense tough.

Buzz's tract was strongly opposed by the neighbors and got in because of a piece of spot zoning for one of the favored 25 years ago. There was a similar spot on Ann Rd where someone with clout got a litte piece of spot zoning 25 years ago that lead to the only real commercial inroad into the rural zone. Stuff happens...
Middle of the pack----- WAKE UP: City Crime Rankings by Population Group

Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post

Garbage repeated is still garbage.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Garbage repeated is still garbage.
Please tell us all why, you the re guru and general know it all have deemed this report garbage--or just shut up and admit YOU live in a cesspool.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,249 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA......the sheriff continues to outdo himself.

the middle of the pack comment was about the schools, not the safety of the city.

did you even bother to look at the post i put up w/ flaws in the methodology? i guess not.

did you bother to look at the list you put up? again..probably not. really, do you believe that Yakima, WA should be that high on a list of the most dangerous places to live...really?? have you been to yakima? ooohhh...scary town!

i will state it again as you clearly chose not to read the disclaimer on the MQ website: statistics are always controversial. while studies of this type do give an indication of crime levels and types, they are more useful in providing a baseline by which cities and metro areas can assess their efforts and programs to curb crime from year to year.

now, if you want to provide evidence that crime is getting substantially worse in in vegas over time, maybe you'll at least be providing some useful information.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:28 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,249 times
Quote:
Please tell us all why, you the re guru and general know it all have deemed this report garbage--or just shut up and admit YOU live in a cesspool.
again...answer my question as to why you live here? what have you got to lose? are you afraid of the ridicule?

clearly the town has some positive or you wouldn't still be here....

Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post

the middle of the pack comment was about the schools, not the safety of the city.

did you even bother to look at the post i put up w/ flaws in the methodology? i guess not.

did you bother to look at the list you put up? again..probably not. really, do you believe that Yakima, WA should be that high on a list of the most dangerous places to live...really?? have you been to yakima? ooohhh...scary town!

i will state it again as you clearly chose not to read the disclaimer on the MQ website: statistics are always controversial. while studies of this type do give an indication of crime levels and types, they are more useful in providing a baseline by which cities and metro areas can assess their efforts and programs to curb crime from year to year.

now, if you want to provide evidence that crime is getting substantially worse in in vegas over time, maybe you'll at least be providing some useful information.
What does sentence two, paragragh two say, moron.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post

Tell us all again the flawed methodology of MQ. Tell us all again that LV has 40 mil visitors a year--- how many did the Smithsonian alone have last year----- 43 mil. That makes the crime in DC negligible--- or how 'bout Tijuana with it's 1mil visitors a day--- makes that city the safest place on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas