Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times

Advertisements

You must get the theme from Gilligan's Island when you go through a metal detector.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:04 PM

515 posts, read 1,832,694 times
Sheriff,

I really dont understand your purpose on this message board. Are your just here to point out all the bad things in Vegas? Most of your post have links to news related web-sites, are you using them for all your information? I just went to a least 15 different city news web sites (just google "fox news" and instert any city name afterwards) and all of them have some "bad" realated stories.
I get that you don't like Vegas, and I hope you have moved on to a "better" place, But do you really need all the hate. I know what Las Vegas is, I've been here for 35 years. Your statements are not going to get me to pack up my wife and kids and leave. I think that everyone that lives in this city knows what Vegas is. For some is a great place to live and for other its not. Unfortunalty for some people it takes moving here to find out that they don't like it. But, calling Vegas a cesspool beacuse crime happens means that the world is a cesspool, because crime is everywhere. Maybe if you were to direct some of the energy from your hostilty in way that would better the community you might be able to help the city instead of bringing it down with your hate towards it.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:08 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,342,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post
Sheriff,

I really dont understand your purpose on this message board. Are your just here to point out all the bad things in Vegas? Most of your post have links to news related web-sites, are you using them for all your information? I just went to a least 15 different city news web sites (just google "fox news" and instert any city name afterwards) and all of them have some "bad" realated stories.
I get that you don't like Vegas, and I hope you have moved on to a "better" place, But do you really need all the hate. I know what Las Vegas is, I've been here for 35 years. Your statements are not going to get me to pack up my wife and kids and leave. I think that everyone that lives in this city knows what Vegas is. For some is a great place to live and for other its not. Unfortunalty for some people it takes moving here to find out that they don't like it. But, calling Vegas a cesspool beacuse crime happens means that the world is a cesspool, because crime is everywhere. Maybe if you were to direct some of the energy from your hostilty in way that would better the community you might be able to help the city instead of bringing it down with your hate towards it.
Matt,

Great post! Thoughtful and great insight. Thanks!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:12 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You must get the theme from Gilligan's Island when you go through a metal detector.
The shrapnel in my arm has set off the ones at airports before. Not at the games though, those ones look like they came in a cereal box. I could most likely get a tank through those.

Matt, great post. I enjoyed reading it. It is the truth. Any city you live in is only as good as you make it. I try hard to put a positive light on any place I live. Detroit is my home and always will be, I have had good times there and have had bad times there. I wouldn't trade the bad for anything though. My struggles and triumphs have made me who I am today. I just wish more people had that attitude.

Last edited by cjski21; 08-31-2007 at 06:27 PM..

Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,418 times
Quote:
Sheriff,

hey matt....i know you have read the forum, so i am sure you are aware that your rational attempt to ease sheriff's hostility will just end in him launching off on another tirade of corruption this and crime that. but i am glad you posted as it is good to hear from long term residents.

maybe you could elaborate on raising kids here? i know some other people who post on this board have doubts about LV's influence on children and you might be able to add greatly to that discussion.

thanks again.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:29 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Best advice I ever got was "don't get into a pi*sing match with a skunk".

Old 09-01-2007, 02:31 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Thank You Matt. Was going to post the same thing. I don't mind people stating their opinions, but Sheriff just wants to cause people to argue with him. Too many like all over the world. Just a miserable person living a miserable life. Is there anyway to block someone like this on here? I enjoy the threads until he puts in his 1 cent worth. His opinion and comments to me are not worth the normal 2 cents.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:38 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Thank You Matt. Was going to post the same thing. I don't mind people stating their opinions, but Sheriff just wants to cause people to argue with him. Too many like all over the world. Just a miserable person living a miserable life. Is there anyway to block someone like this on here? I enjoy the threads until he puts in his 1 cent worth. His opinion and comments to me are not worth the normal 2 cents.
How about you don't read or post on the threads I author, that way you wouldn't have to listen to me.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:49 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,744 times
Quote:
Sheriff,

I'm looking for a place worse the THEcesspool, so I can move there for my nefarious activities.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 AM

515 posts, read 1,832,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
I'm looking for a place worse the THEcesspool, so I can move there for my nefarious activities.
Its kinda far but I found this article for you:

Drowned and Out
Three Gorges Dam Causing Unexpected Pollution Problems
Unexpected environmental problems are already cropping up at China's Three Gorges Dam, the world's largest hydropower and construction project. After the dam went into operation in June, the reservoir behind it reached 443 feet and was supposed to stay at that level until 2006, but the Chinese government recently announced that the reservoir is now expected to rise another 13 feet by the end of October. This increased water level could cause serious pollution problems, say dam observers, because it will inundate polluted sites that weren't yet scheduled to be cleaned up. Enviros say the reservoir is set to become the world's largest cesspool. Though the government gave no reasons for the unexpected rise in waters, one possible explanation is that silt is building up behind the dam more quickly than anticipated.

Have fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas