Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 10:12 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times

Advertisements

Matt, you dang near made me drench my keyboard with my nighttime tea, that was really funny...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Its nice to see so many new users with only a few posts! Nice! Wonder why they are all comming from he same IP and ISP? Hmm....????

Old 12-13-2007, 12:52 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
clear written by someone not from here...i live in downtown vegas. nothing like south central (and i lived in LA before moving here, so yes, i do speak from experience).

where did you get your stats from?
You speak from what experience in THECesspool?? Two-three months---you clearly are a good source of info---GET A CLUE.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 AM

With an awesome 56% graduation rate in the Silver State---I used to think the 44% were dummies; obviously, they're the smart ones: http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=7477425

Old 12-13-2007, 01:23 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
You speak from what experience in THECesspool?? Two-three months---you clearly are a good source of info---GET A CLUE.
thanks sheriff, i also feel i am clearly a good source of info....my 3.5 months of living in downtown las vegas has truly opened my eyes to how much i like it here and how sadly misinformed you and your alter egos are.

oh yeah...my 3 years of living in LA doesn't hurt in the comparison department either.

your "GET A CLUE" remark kinda falls a little short there...

Last edited by guinnessjim; 12-13-2007 at 01:45 AM..

Old 12-13-2007, 01:25 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
Its nice to see so many new users with only a few posts! Nice! Wonder why they are all comming from he same IP and ISP? Hmm....????
lol...pbby right on that

Old 12-13-2007, 01:39 AM

57 posts, read 258,804 times
I travel all 48 states and Canada. I have been in and delivered, and sleep at least one night if not many nights in every major metropolitan area. I have delivered in and sleeped in many med and small cities. I have seen a lot and read many local papers.

The thing that is very nice about Las Vegas a lot of the crime is not random. There are to many cameras, cops, and security in Las Vegas for random crime. Houston, Chicago, Miami has random crime. Las Vegas, I see most the crime was one druged up guy stabs a drug dealer. You hardly see real crime against tourist. Yeah stealing happens but not like Miami that has this beat, killed etc.

I have not seen a lot of crime in Las Vegas, I have read the stuff in the papers etc. I have noticed most of that stuff happened in places/circumstances that I would never be in. Other cities, it seams more likely it will happen anywhere, and in Vegas it seams less likly if your being careful.

Yes, Random crime can happen anywhere anytime anyplace. I do not think Vegas is THAT bad. The numbers do not show the truth, just the numbers.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntwnradar View Post
I travel all 48 states and Canada. I have been in and delivered, and sleep at least one night if not many nights in every major metropolitan area. I have delivered in and sleeped in many med and small cities. I have seen a lot and read many local papers.

The thing that is very nice about Las Vegas a lot of the crime is not random. There are to many cameras, cops, and security in Las Vegas for random crime. Houston, Chicago, Miami has random crime. Las Vegas, I see most the crime was one druged up guy stabs a drug dealer. You hardly see real crime against tourist. Yeah stealing happens but not like Miami that has this beat, killed etc.

I have not seen a lot of crime in Las Vegas, I have read the stuff in the papers etc. I have noticed most of that stuff happened in places/circumstances that I would never be in. Other cities, it seams more likely it will happen anywhere, and in Vegas it seams less likly if your being careful.

Yes, Random crime can happen anywhere anytime anyplace. I do not think Vegas is THAT bad. The numbers do not show the truth, just the numbers.
Hardly a crime against a tourist? Yeah, Resa only ran down 13 tourists, the Hungarian at NY NY only shot what 8 tourists, the shooting in front of O'Sheas' resulted in 3 tourists shot---no violence in the tourist corridor???

Old 12-13-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
thanks sheriff, i also feel i am clearly a good source of info....my 3.5 months of living in downtown las vegas has truly opened my eyes to how much i like it here and how sadly misinformed you and your alter egos are.

oh yeah...my 3 years of living in LA doesn't hurt in the comparison department either.

your "GET A CLUE" remark kinda falls a little short there...
that'sreallypeachyyouthinkyouareagoodsourceofinfon owifyouweretopostaboutsomethingyoumayactuallyhavek nowledgeaboutlikelasvegasnewmexicoyouwouldserveyou rselfmuchbetter.

Last edited by sheriff; 12-13-2007 at 06:26 AM..

Old 12-13-2007, 07:13 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Sheriff my love, you've been here for how long? Complaining and whining about the CESSPOOL!

I should think you haven't a clue...most folks would have packed up and left, yet you continue to stay...

Either you ain't getting the CLUE big time or you just really need to find something to complain about...

I seem to think it's the latter of the two

C'mon pumpkin, I see you smilin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas