Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,080 times

Advertisements

Just another average day in the town of LV. Another ambush, home invasion murder, another judge given the boot, and a county commissioner's son arrested. What's not to like in this wonderful town?

Old 08-14-2007, 05:59 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
And that's different from any other city of almost two million people how???

Maybe you'd feel better if you clicked through this site.

Las Vegas Vacations, Travel Guides, Las Vegas City Hotels, Las Vegas City Restaurants, Las Vegas City Attractions, Las Vegas Reviews - MSN Travel Destinations

Anybody ever wonder about the sad lives of those who dwell on the negative and never see the positive? Must be the source of those black clouds over the Valley today. Nothing is perfect, not even Las Vegas, but to only dwell on the bad all the time...well, some people must be really fun for their friends and family to have around. PFS

Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

Maybe you'd feel better if you clicked through this site.

Las Vegas Vacations, Travel Guides, Las Vegas City Hotels, Las Vegas City Restaurants, Las Vegas City Attractions, Las Vegas Reviews - MSN Travel Destinations

Anybody ever wonder about the sad lives of those who dwell on the negative and never see the positive? Must be the source of those black clouds over the Valley today. Nothing is perfect, not even Las Vegas, but to only dwell on the bad all the time...well, some people must be really fun for their friends and family to have around. PFS
Ole Sheriff made me feel bad...I only knew of one of the cited incidences...But he got that one exactly wrong...The bad guy in the home invasion got shot dead by the "good ole" Nevadan who lived there. The Lady got wounded, but will be OK, but one slimebag is dead and I suspect his identity will lead to the other. Given the Sheriff's outlook I would have thought this would make him glad.

Hey Buzz...catch the mess at Cheyenne and Durango? Cop car tried to out muscle a hummer. Cop car did not do well. Couple of other vehicles spread around the intersection. I hear everybody survived OK so we can make crude jokes about why the LVMPD guy was not smart enough to run into a soft car.

Last edited by olecapt; 08-14-2007 at 07:15 PM..

Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
This OP obviously just drove into town from Ariz., diverted off 515 onto Boulder Hwy, then made a wrong right turn and ended up walking around the LV Wash just downstream of the treatment plant. That *is* a cesspool! Don't be too hard on him!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:29 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Just another average day in the town of LV. Another ambush, home invasion murder, another judge given the boot, and a county commissioner's son arrested. What's not to like in this wonderful town?

But did you enjoy this evening's beautiful sunset behind the mountains? I did, as I walked to my car after enjoying a fine steak dinner at Bob Taylor's Original Ranch House (est. 1955), 6250 Rio Vista St, in Las Vegas. (Bob Taylor's Ranch House - Home) The exterior of this place needs some work, but inside it was fine and dandy.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-15-2007 at 12:41 AM..

Old 08-14-2007, 11:35 PM

98 posts, read 433,181 times
The cops have been sitting outside of my condo for over an hour - Why am I not suprised!!! I am so happy to be leaving this hell hole behind in 6 weeks!!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM

98 posts, read 433,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

I have moved around a lot - I have lived in Chicago, LA, Orange County, San Diego, and now this - and all those cities were big and had their bad sides of course. But I would take Compton any day over this whole city combined! An I am a white suburbanite mom

Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Hey Buzz...catch the mess at Cheyenne and Durango? Cop car tried to out muscle a hummer. Cop car did not do well. Couple of other vehicles spread around the intersection. I hear everybody survived OK so we can make crude jokes about why the LVMPD guy was not smart enough to run into a soft car.
I miss all the pfhun. I haven't been out of the house all day. Didn't look good out there so I just stayed in and tried to brighten the day of the nattering nabobs of negativism. That's code for I wasted the whole day on the da*m computer.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
But did you enjoy this evening's beautiful sunset behind the mountains? I did, as I walked to my car after enjoying a fine steak dinner at Bob Taylor's Original Ranch House, 6250 Rio Vista St, in Las Vegas. (Bob Taylor's Ranch House - Home) The exterior of this place needs some work, but inside it was fine and dandy.
I'd like to support these old timey places but they've really gotten expensive. I don't do steak's anyway. Who owns that now? I'm sure Bob Taylor would be 100 years old by now.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momzilla View Post
I have moved around a lot - I have lived in Chicago, LA, Orange County, San Diego, and now this - and all those cities were big and had their bad sides of course. But I would take Compton any day over this whole city combined! An I am a white suburbanite mom
You Californians bring crime with you and then blame us. I can never sleep in any hotel in LA because all night long it's like a war going on outside on the streets between the cops and the natives. Knock on wood, I never see anything like that here and I've been here most of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas