Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times

Advertisements

Who needs coffee when meth is so readily available?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 AM

579 posts, read 1,210,158 times
We used to have a French grinder and fancy espresso machine. Then my mom bought us a Keurig for Christmas and those K cups have been the best coffee ever. I started drinking Starbucks when they first came to Vegas and drank that forever. I never knew just how acidic and strong it really was, till I tried to quit several times and when I'd fall back into drinking it I'd nearly kill myself when I'd start back up.....man was that stuff strong. I gave them up and switched to Bently's, much preferred, but don't know if they sell theirs ground in the shop. I'm in Seattle now and I much prefer Tully's and especially Petes' Coffee. Unfortunately I can't get Petes in K cups so I just buy the Tully's. Those two are much more smooth for my taste.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:33 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
I have a Keurig on my desk and love it.....theres a Starbux donw the street at the Nugget....it ALWAYS tastes burnt.... Theres a Duncan across the street in the Fremont....good when its hot...but I think its against the law to buy coffee without buying two muffins....so i have to pass

Old 08-21-2011, 07:44 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
I have a Keurig at home. Love it so much that I purchased commercial versions for the two offices. The doctors and staff rave about the coffee. The k cups are on the expensive side but there is no waste. I found that I can save quite a bit on the K cups by using the coupons I get from office depot. For my home, I found good deals on ebay for the Donut Shop kcups which is hubby's favorite. I like a bolder coffee so I use the Dark Magic.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:22 AM

687 posts, read 1,945,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackcats View Post
I just read reviews on the Moccamaster. Might have to add to my wish list! Which one do you have?

sent from my phone using tapatalk, please excuse typos.
We have the KBT741. Whatever one you chose I'd recommend one with the thermal carafe as the coffee stays plenty hot for at least two hours without burning - as long as you put the lid on the carafe after brewing. Also, this thing brews super fast, maybe 4-5 min start to finish.

Good luck,
Croce

Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 AM

186 posts, read 434,299 times
My dentist in Chicago had the K cups. They were nice but I don't like the additional packaging. We use "leftover" coffee to make ice cubes.

sent from my phone using tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
If you're using a drip machine, a whirly-blade grinder is fine...
Respectfully, I disagree. When I switched from a whirly-blade to even a low end ($30) burr grinder, I tasted a noticeable difference. YMMV, of course.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have a Keurig at home. Love it so much that I purchased commercial versions for the two offices. The doctors and staff rave about the coffee. The k cups are on the expensive side but there is no waste. I found that I can save quite a bit on the K cups by using the coupons I get from office depot. For my home, I found good deals on ebay for the Donut Shop kcups which is hubby's favorite. I like a bolder coffee so I use the Dark Magic.
Sorry Mommy, gotta disagree....If MY coffee cup is empty, theres is NO such thing as EXPENSIVE...I'll pay ANY price

Old 08-21-2011, 11:10 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
All you need is a popcorn maker. Air Popcorn Popper Method

You won't find anything in stores that even compares to home roast.
I agree.

Among the many benefits of home roasting is you can select specific lots of coffee for roasting, each of which will give slightly different flavors in the same sense that a pinot noir grown in Santa Barbara will have different flavors from a pinot noir grown in Napa or Sonoma.

This morning I'm enjoying a Guatemala Huehueetenango Finca La Maravilla that I roasted to city+. Toasting notes: A bright cup with lighter body with hints of vivid orange high notes, raisin, caramel apple, root beer, & chocolate-dipped nuts.

Last week I had Ethiopia Organic Dry Process Guji Sidamo that I roasted to full city. Tasting notes: A fruited and spicy cup, with hints of sweet strawberry and caramel.

One of my favorites is in the roaster right now: Costa Rica Lourdes de narano Herbazu. Earlier I roasted Kenya Kirinyaga AA Gakuyu-ini (delicate & refined with hints of ruby grapefuit and vanilla wafer aromas).

And, of course, it costs much less than Charbucks.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:55 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Life is too short for cheap coffee, or American & Canadian beers.

Coffee grown in different areas can be so different that you might be allergic to one and not the other, so be careful. Best to stick with the ones that you know are safe for you and don't cause a reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas