Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:57 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times

Advertisements

Jfk, the photo of target and places like restaurants and stores that I take around town a kind of to show what prospective residents will have available to them when they get here

and honestly that's the whole point of this photo thread to take photos of life and every day goings on around urban area of las vegas. granted unforgiven and wildwestdude have awesome pictures, my goal is to show future residents what the city actually looks like, and show others that there is more to las vegas than the strip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 11:28 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,484,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Jfk, the photo of target and places like restaurants and stores that I take around town a kind of to show what prospective residents will have available to them when they get here

and honestly that's the whole point of this photo thread to take photos of life and every day goings on around urban area of las vegas. granted unforgiven and wildwestdude have awesome pictures, my goal is to show future residents what the city actually looks like, and show others that there is more to las vegas than the strip
Gotcha. And they certainly do that. And for some, obviously, they provide important reference. For that, your title of the thread is perfect.

However, I thought I read somewhere in the forum that you were taking up photography as a new hobby? I thought you were referring to artistic photography. My mistake...sorry about that.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:59 AM

I am taking up photography as a hobby, this thread is my start. I enjoy taking photos of everyday life around town and this is how I'm doing it

I'm going to capture the true spirit of Las Vegas. the stores the restaurants the food and most important of all the people of this town who make it what it is

All with my GE A1455 14.1 mega pixel camera

Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,565,878 times
Quote:
I am taking up photography as a hobby, this thread is my start. I enjoy taking photos of everyday life around town and this is how I'm doing it

I'm going to capture the true spirit of Las Vegas. the stores the restaurants the food and most important of all the people of this town who make it what it is

Keep at it. I love taking pictures of nature and probably wouldn't spend a moment taking the pictures you do. You however have a passion for taking pictures of the city and that's your niche. You'll fall into it more and see how certain angles and lighting capture emotion and almost tell a story. As others have mentioned though, people love seeing pictures of the city off the strip so your passion has lots of room to grow.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Keep at it. I love taking pictures of nature and probably wouldn't spend a moment taking the pictures you do. You however have a passion for taking pictures of the city and that's your niche. You'll fall into it more and see how certain angles and lighting capture emotion and almost tell a story. As others have mentioned though, people love seeing pictures of the city off the strip so your passion has lots of room to grow.
Can I come live with you? You are so nice and awesome.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:35 AM

460 posts, read 987,733 times
I enjoy seeing the various pictures from around Las Vegas. Keep on posting!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,151,736 times
Can finally see the pics. Found a "back door" to unlocking the blocked pics on a government computer.

Anyway, I wish this thread was around before I moved to Vegas. I was always looking for photos of the regular city. If you type in Las Vegas to Google images, all you will get is pictures of the strip for the first 100 or so pages.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:37 PM

I dont know why Certain words I typed came up as red, I never typed it in to do that. I apologize if anybody thought I was being rude

Anyways, new pics taken today

Storm clouds over Centennial Hills by 95 and 215 this AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looking towards the Spring Mtns, theyre in those clouds somewhere

Ann Rd, about to head south on 95

The 99c Only Store, Maryland and Flamingo

I am going to try and take some pics of the Paradise area so everybody can see how truly run down and miserable it is. Prospective residents need to know what areas to avoid. Where better to start than Paradise?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 PM

500 posts, read 747,907 times
Davie, I know it's far for you but more Henderson pictures please, when you get the chance. I'm feeling homesick right now, especially since it looks like Vegas is starting those great cool Fall temps and I'm stuck in a sucky Texas HOT Fall.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPC2 View Post
I wasn't referring only to the picture of Target, but to the entire sequence of different neighborhoods - would it have helped me decided whether or not to move to LV? - No. Would it have given me a better idea of what different neighborhoods/landscaping looked like? - Yes. Would it have given me something to show family members that thought LV consisted only of the strip? - Yes.
I was speaking only for myself, and I do think they are a fantastic up-to-date pictorial of various neighborhoods in LV.
I would not even attempt to "evaluate" them from a photographic point of view as I have zero expertise in that area, I just know I appreciate them.
Great post! Tried to rep but I have to spread the love first!

Quote:

You are doing a fine job and every artist starts somewhere! I know you like pictures, taking them and drawing them. You obviously have a knack for it. Getting the technical stuff down takes time and what better way than practicing on this forum!!!! I can already see an improvement from your first ever photos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas