Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 PM

31 posts, read 66,058 times

Advertisements

I don't believe the Falls will be under the Master HOA CC&R's for another 2 - 3 years and by then it will certainly be beyond repair unless torall re-built.

LLV is correct (my mistake) the Bass billionaires bought both courses for only a million (not 3 million) and are paying pennies a year (less than a $1000) property taxes - they are no hurry to do anything - they will drag anything out for years. This whole thing is pocket change for them and no one has even tried to get them to something with Reflection Bay except sprinkle a few drops of water - likely in a court of law that would be enough.

No court is going to force them to open as a business (golf course) to operate at a loss - so, yes some homeowners would be pissed (and rightly so) but i would say that either years of expensive litigation (after the Falls becomes part of LLV in 2016 - 17 puts us around 2020 for a court decision and the more years after that for something to phisically change?

To me that seems like pretty long odds for a win even in Nevada!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,464 times
Casa, I just noticed the A-6 parcel. It's only colored on one page and not the other page on the black and white map. I didn't think that was part of the residential section.

I suggest you call Gerri Schroder at the city or attend the council meeting on Tuesday night. It's hard to tell where the houses would actually go or where the green space in that parcel would be located.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM

35 posts, read 84,947 times
Dan, I believe that the Falls NOW falls under the HOA but there was an exception in the incorporation agreement that didn't make the current owners subject to the CCR's for 4 years or when the property was sold to a new owner. Then the CCR's take effect immediately.

As far as the obligation to water and maintain RB and eventually Falls, it is up to the HOA to enforce the CCR's. If that entails lawsuits then so be it. That is what we pay our dues for. To enforce a strict standard for maintaining the quality of the master plan and the quality of living here. We all bought into it and so did the billionaires. I know it would be chump change to them but the law is the law and it could and would be enforced if pursued.

I'll be the first to admit that I really hate seeing the brown courses. I see it everyday as I live full time here and the Falls is my backyard. I also hate the community held hostage by investors that could give a rats ass but I don't want to be hasty in endorsing a proposed plan revision that is a permanent change to the master plan without having community discussions/townhalls on the matter. I think there could potentially be much better uses of these areas than what is proposed. But we as homeowners need to be heard and ideas thrown around. This proposal is just one idea. Paulson is not the only one with a vested interest here. There is a lot at stake now and in the future for LLV and making a decision this huge just to see some green areas now in lieu of the future potential of seeing LLV the way it was just a few short years ago in it's splendor is just too big a gamble for a small immediate return. Remember, even if this was approved there are still years and years of up front legal issues that have to decided even before they break ground on the green spaces. By that time maybe LLV will be the epicenter of world class living and everyone will want to move here and have 3 golf courses to play on. Hell, we are just now coming out of the biggest recession in US history if we are coming out of it at all. Acceptance of this kind of change now is being too near sighted in my opinion. 3 more years is a short time period to wait and see what the future may bring.

What is the time and place for the meeting and will public opinion be heard at that time?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:01 PM

31 posts, read 66,058 times
Casa - you are correct and that is what I was trying to say, The Falls is not under the "rules" yet . . . the LLV Master does not even put much effort into thier website so I don't know what they would do here. The previous folks at the LLV Master were just inside guys associated with the Bass boys anyway so they were not going to do much - maybe things have changed (obviously someone is trying something with these proposals).

It is just sad that when we bring friends from Canada to visit they always ask what the heck is the brown mess when entering the development?!

Hey - if this thread can generate positive ideas and get this resolved in less than 10 years that certainly would be great!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:01 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Another couple of things to consider.

The zoning changes in no way guarantee that they will actually do anything on any part of the site. Whaqt it does is vastly increase the value of the part rezoned.

It would now be standard for the lot to change hands three times over 10 years before anything gets built. And even that may not get the green belt going.

You might also consider whether the master plan could go after the golf courses. If they are intact and relatively valueless an HOA might be able to pick them up and run at less of a loss than simply inheriting the green belt.

The residents may in fact be better served by maintaining the status quo and making ownership of the courses as unpleasant as possible.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 PM

35 posts, read 84,947 times
Why wouldn't Paulson/Raintree just resurrect the courses if they were so concerned about the beauty of the community? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to rebuild and just maintain the courses as a green space? Not even playable but just as a green space.

Ahh, I know the answer to this and I touched on it earlier. Money, and their desire to leverage additional worth from a sour situation that we as homeowners are stuck with.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,402 times
I may be wrong, but I thought they had to begin watering the Falls course in about 3 or 4 years. The course will continue to deteriorate, but I can wait. After about two years living on the lower 9, what difference does it make. The greens are dead and the fairways are dead brown. I guess my only worry is that a few hard rainfalls will wash the brown stuff away and then we will have fairways that will start eroding. Regardless, it is going to cost about the same to restore the course or turn it into a green belt.

I would just as soon not change anything at this point. Making the proposed changes only puts money in Paulson's pocket.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:41 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,853 times
I was in LV this past weekend with a buddy who had never been to LLV - so we motored out for a quick look. Frankly, it was disappointing (even though I'd been before). As noted by others, the golf courses looked bad and the lake looked slimy and dirty. There were few people in the businesses that are open - except for what appeared to be a party group at one of the restaurants. Though I had warned my friend that LLV is not worth visiting, he was surprised how bad things looked and that such a grand plan had failed so badly.

Bill

Old 06-12-2013, 01:49 AM

147 posts, read 409,594 times
Anyone attend the city council meeting?

Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,464 times
I wasn't able to attend. I have an email to Gerri Schroder for an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas