Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:21 AM

82 posts, read 203,602 times

Advertisements

Internet connectivity is a sad joke in LLV. The best you can get is 10 MBit/sec. Centurylink charge $50 and LLV communications charge $70 a month. If you bundle in local phone service you can get a bit of a discount.

If you think Centurylink's customer service is poor, try LLV Communications. You can never directly reach a sales rep, just leave a message which of course never gets acted on. If their sales is that bad, I don't even want to imagine their tech support.

Clear WiMax would be the best deal but their signals don't really reach LLV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 12:06 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,384 times
Thanks for the input. I have a condo-hotel and I wanted to just put in my own phone verses using the switchboard phone. I pay $50.00 per month for internet and phone together, which isn't terrible. But, the internet is very slow.

Maybe we can use Magic Jack that I saw on TV for $19.95?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Location: Columbus, OH / Lake Las Vegas, NV / Indianapolis, IN
81 posts, read 168,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
Thanks for the input. I have a condo-hotel and I wanted to just put in my own phone verses using the switchboard phone. I pay $50.00 per month for internet and phone together, which isn't terrible. But, the internet is very slow.

Maybe we can use Magic Jack that I saw on TV for $19.95?

If you have a smartphone, get a wireless plan with unlimited data and utilize the wireless "hot spot". That works pretty well and is usually much less than $50.00 per month if you already have some type of data plan.

DO NOT call "LLV Communications". What a joke. It took me about 5 days to get someone to call me back and their prices are ridiculous for what you get.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the phone information! I heard today that there are some exciting plans on the drawing board for the holidays at Lake Las Vegas. Once they are confirmed, I'll post the plans here. It sounds awesome and will create alot of excitment and foot traffic for the village.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM

147 posts, read 409,564 times
Great, thanks LLV. Outbound lanes are closed from the roundabout to The Falls Clubhouse for renovation.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Location: Columbus, OH / Lake Las Vegas, NV / Indianapolis, IN
81 posts, read 168,845 times
As of this morning the outbound lanes of LLV Parkway from the roundabout to the Falls clubhouse are already completely torn up. That's good progress!

However, I did see a nice 40-ft geyser of water coming up from the side of the road where a backhoe had apparently been working. Woops

Old 09-15-2011, 12:38 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHBuckeye View Post
As of this morning the outbound lanes of LLV Parkway from the roundabout to the Falls clubhouse are already completely torn up. That's good progress!

However, I did see a nice 40-ft geyser of water coming up from the side of the road where a backhoe had apparently been working. Woops
Oh goodness...there goes the lake!

Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 AM

How were the fireworks last night? The Las Vegas Sun had an article with positive comments saying they were great and the village was buzzing with thousands of spectators!!! Nice to see positive comments.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 AM

52 posts, read 180,037 times
It was packed with at least a couple thousand people, the weather beautiful and the fireworks were great. The event was well-advertised on TV and the timing in Sept. helped make it a special attraction for a lot of people. Noticed in the village, the PostalNet place has opened up, and the new coffee shop is offering sandwiches and salads too. The road is a mess but there is some progress...so hopefully by the holidays, things will look better at the entrance.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 PM

9 posts, read 23,156 times
Anyone read this? Insider view, please.
Investor blaming appraisal for steep loss at Lake Las Vegas
Investor blaming appraisal for steep loss at Lake Las Vegas - VEGAS INC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas