Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:28 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,845,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
If he did it, he better get the needle.
He might be sentenced to death. Unfortunately most death row inmates in NV die of natural causes as opposed to the death sentence being carried out. I wish we were more like TX in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
Terrible.

They can't get this guy into the pen fast enough, he will get his.
He will likely end up in protective custody due to the nature of his crime. Even if he were to end up in general population, the safety and security of the inmates is one of the correctional officers' duties regardless of what he has done and a CO's personal feelings on the matter. This is why I try not to know what an inmate has done. It makes it much easier to stay professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I'm pretty close to that location as well and drive by Arbor View every day. Very sad to hear this and if this guy is tried and found guilty, he will get his one day.

My kids keep asking me if they can ride their bikes to school and when I see this, I'm glad we say no.
I'm extremely close to the location. On my way to work at 4AM on Saturday morning I saw the street closed off and the portable lights rigged up. I did not realize what I was looking at until I got home that afternoon. Prayers for the family and friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
I drove up to Paiute resort to make a tee time, on the way back I looked to my right to see a few police cars on a side road then I saw the cross roads were Oso Blanca and Grand Teton. It hit me this is where her body was found and it made me sad again.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
The details have now come up on how he killed her. It was extremely brutal. How someone could do this to someone else who they did not even know is beyond me.

Report details gruesome attack on 15-year-old found dead in vacant lot - www.ktnv.com

Old 09-07-2011, 08:56 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The details have now come up on how he killed her. It was extremely brutal. How someone could do this to someone else who they did not even know is beyond me.

Report details gruesome attack on 15-year-old found dead in vacant lot - www.ktnv.com

We sort of knew there was a predator of some sort in the neighborhood. The HOA actually issued a sort of warning about a month ago to be on the look out for suspicious behavior. Some woman had been sexually assaulted in her own home.

Thank god this guy was stupid. If he had not tried to destroy the evidence he might still be free.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:58 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I've been pretty worried about this little girl killed in close proximity to me.

Suspect in Custody in Teen's Death
I live maybe 3 miles at most from where this happened. I heard it had happened near Grand Teton and Oso Blanca, so last night I decided to stop there and say a prayer for her family and friends. Fox 5 and 8 News Now were there

I usually drive to the top of Grand Teton, the most NW edge of town to take in the view and observe the stars every now and again, so last night I decided to stop there

May God be with her and her family and friends

Old 09-07-2011, 12:08 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
We sort of knew there was a predator of some sort in the neighborhood. The HOA actually issued a sort of warning about a month ago to be on the look out for suspicious behavior. Some woman had been sexually assaulted in her own home.

Thank god this guy was stupid. If he had not tried to destroy the evidence he might still be free.
This perp lived off Durango and El Capitan according to Fox 5, they had mentioned he may have committed another sexual assualt in the area shortly before

Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Tie him to a stake and burn him.
always been an advocate of having the violent criminal get back the same as he dished out. so..rape him , stab him 40 times , and burn him.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 PM

77 posts, read 170,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
always been an advocate of having the violent criminal get back the same as he dished out. so..rape him , stab him 40 times , and burn him.
Right on!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.178317,-115.250056

Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Unfortunately the guy will get solitary confinement instead of general population....where the problem would be solved.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:47 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,238 times
Too bad he did not try to resist, Metro would have shot him for sure, and saved us tax payers some money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas