Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:42 AM

508 posts, read 1,021,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I have yet to meet a realtor in Vegas that is worthy of the title. Most crooked place to buy real estate in the country. But what can you expect.
I dont know I loved my realtor he was honest and straight up and did everything he said he was going to do... I always recommend him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 AM

412 posts, read 915,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
Just my story to get it off my chest. About 10 days ago I contacted a realtor who specializes in Painted Desert properties. I know this because he had a flyer in the Painted Desert HOA newsletter and has an office about one block from the PD main gate. PD is is my favorite community - not too cheap and not too expensive - well maintained, safe, good location. Told this realtor on the phone I wanted a two BR, 2 BA, 2 car garage, 1st floor condo anywhere in Painted Desert. He asked me what price range - I said it didn't matter, just keep an eye out for one. He said he would put these parameters into his computer and as soon as something showed up an automatic email would be sent to him and me. I then followed up with an email thanking him for his time. I then registered on his website. Then I never heard from him.

Independently I looked at realtor.com and ziprealty for this type of property and low and behold, two that met this criteria showed up. I called the above realtor - got his voicemail and left a message saying I was interested in two specific properties and could he please call me back. After waiting two days without a response, I called another realtor, made a cash offer on one of the two that was accepted and we are closing in 30 days.

Are these realtors so flush that they can't even return a call? I don't understand it. I've bought several properties in several states and two just recently in Painted Desert. If prices stay at the present level or continue to decline, I may buy another. The Las Vegas realtors I have hooked up with are by far the least responsive and least service oriented of any realtors I have ever dealt with. When buying a property, I try to know what I specifically want before I even contact a realtor. I then make an offer after viewing - at most three or four properties. In this recent case, I bought the place sight unseen because I know the area. It only took up the realtors time to write up the offer - he never saw me in person.

It seems to me that if there was a realtor out there that actually took a few notes, did a little research on their own and responded to a prospective customer's requests - they would become a top producer in no time. The only explanation I can think of, might be that there are so many flake buyers wasting a realtors time that they have become hardened to all buyers and in turn treat everyone with a sub par degree of service. Maybe they rely so much on these computer systems that the human element has been removed. Then they blame the computer when something falls through the cracks. OK my rant is over.

Good Luck,
Croce
So how is the Painted Desert condo?
Any noise issues from neighbors noise coming through shared walls or barking dogs left outside?

Old 11-09-2011, 09:46 AM

131 posts, read 210,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
I dont know I loved my realtor he was honest and straight up and did everything he said he was going to do... I always recommend him.
Me too...great experience, especially since we were from out of state. Sorry the OP had a bad experience, and I understand it's just a rant and perhaps not directed at ALL realtors, but I'd hesitate to lump the bad in with the good. Who knows what this guy had going on, and yes, personally I think it would have been nice if he could have at least given a call and said whether or not he had time to pursue the offer, but now it's his loss and at least the OP now has what he wants because he found another realtor that had time for him. Could have ended worse...that's just my $.02

Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,161 times
Tell your realtor they will be required to kick back a brand new appliance (washer/dryer, frig, etc.) at closing. If they balk, move on. Ton's of realtors and sales are sloooooooooow!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
I talked to a realtor a few months ago who told me he won't show any properties less than $50k. I hope not all of them are like that, as the townhouses in my complex are selling for the high $30's, and I plan to list mine next Fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas