Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:31 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times

Advertisements

plan on heading to vegas for Thanksgiving weekend and want to visit some thrift and charity shops....what do you recommend thanks xo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
Saver(multiple)
Goodwill(multiple)
Buffalo Exchange
any pawn shop(EZ Pawn or Super Pawn)

all these can be found via the web. great stuff to be found in all.

looking for antique shopping?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:00 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
thank you i know they can be found on the web i want to know also what peoples favorites are.

as for pawn shops i find them WAY OVER priced.

which locations are your fave?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:22 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
I'm a thrift hound. I don't have a favorite. It's all luck of the draw. The thrifts in the more affluent areas will often have nicer things on the shelf. But don't count on it. My biggest-ever thrift score was a pair of Belle Epoque posters worth thousands that I found at a Goodwill on the north side of town.

Her first-ever time out, my mother in law found a Chinese Ru vase worth hundreds.

It's mostly a question of knowing your antiques. And what constitutes "the good stuff" in a lot of categories.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,536,885 times
the only time I find pawn shops over priced is if you pay that listed price. haggle.

I find/have found, good deals in them before... better than some(we have one) swap meet pricing.

when I said that they can be found via the web, I know that you know that you can find them there :facepalm:... I was reffering to the specific locations of each.. :doublefacepalm:

Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
I saw Rick and Big Hoss shopping at the Apple store in the Fashion Show Mall.

I never go to Thrift Shops, mostly because it never occurs to me, but we give so much stuff to Goodwill they should give us points in the place. I know you'll find some nice stuff there because it used to be mine.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Along with Savers and the one's listed above, there is also Desert Industries, about 3 locations. Opportunity Village's thrift store next to Meadows Mall.
A Lutheran thrift store in that same general area. A couple of thrift stores on Charleston near the UMC area. Can't remember the names though, sorry.

Get the Savers card and save money when they have the color of the day.
Goodwill has different days of mark downs, get their monthly calendar free at any of their stores. Also they do the color of the day, always half off. Wednesdays for 55+ half off. Sundays, color of the day is 75% off.
Most but not all of the thrift stores have a senior discount, just ask. Deseret does not.

I have noticed lately that the prices are going up at Goodwill, Savers and Deseret. Signs of the times I guess. But when books get too expensive for used, I will just wait and buy new. Or troll garage sales for better bargains.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Along with Savers and the one's listed above, there is also Desert Industries, (Deseret Industries as you said below) about 3 locations. Opportunity Village's thrift store next to Meadows Mall.
A Lutheran thrift store in that same general area. A couple of thrift stores on Charleston near the UMC area. Can't remember the names though, sorry.

Get the Savers card and save money when they have the color of the day.
Goodwill has different days of mark downs, get their monthly calendar free at any of their stores. Also they do the color of the day, always half off. Wednesdays for 55+ half off. Sundays, color of the day is 75% off.
Most but not all of the thrift stores have a senior discount, just ask. Deseret does not.

I have noticed lately that the prices are going up at Goodwill, Savers and Deseret. Signs of the times I guess. But when books get too expensive for used, I will just wait and buy new. Or troll garage sales for better bargains.

Sorry. The devil made me do it.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:49 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Sorry. The devil made me do it.
Oh bite me. I actually make mistakes. Why? Because i am human like you. At least I don't ballet park.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Oh bite me. I actually make mistakes. Why? Because i am human like you. At least I don't ballet park.
Where'd you get the idea I'm human?

If I bite you you'll get a disease that until now has never been known on this planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas