Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:06 AM

21 posts, read 101,380 times

Advertisements

I realize that the market here for bartenders is a very competitive one. For the past few months I've been "spamming" my resume to the numerous postings on cragslist and it seems it is all for naught. Half of the job listings on there do not list a place or address, which is disheartening to some degree as I feel my response ends up in that parallel dimension with all of my lost left socks.

I've checked a few other websites with employment listings but there doesn't really seem to be any bar gigs. I'm willing to start at the bottom (bar-back) and work my way up if I have to.

Can anyone point me to some alternatives to craigslist.
I need your expert guidance Las Vegas City Forum!

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:32 AM

85 posts, read 287,286 times
Default Jobs

Look up bartender jobs in each of the hotels online cause they have applications online you fill out and they are always hiring.

Check lvrj.com employment jobs (Review Journal newspaper) and lasvegasnow.com has an employment section as well.

If those don't work, try monsterjobs.com and careerbuilder.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:41 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
As of 10-25-08 all job postings on Craigslist will cost the employer $25. It's about time. This will eliminate all the spammers and those just fishing for ligit emails so they can sell it and spam you some more.

Craigslist is about to become a very respected job posting link in about a month.

Just hold on a tad longer. But dont get frustrated. There are very very few jobs anywhere in any trade. We are in a depression dispite what you have not heard yet.

Good luck job hunting............

Old 09-24-2008, 07:33 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
glad to hear that about craigslist... anything else changing?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
If you are in Vegas hit the pavement. Every single video pub. Do that for a couple of weeks and you will end up employed. Likely grave yard and someplace not well situated...but working. Then scheme your way up.

Tough to do if you are not here.

YOu know you migth be able to run some of them down on the net. Steiners, Oaces, Putters,Roadrunner, Magoos, Bootlegger, Bogeys, Shucks, Buffalo Wild Wings,...there are more but I have exhausted todays allotment of brain cells.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
PTs, Tommy Rockers, Red Hawk, T-Bird?, Kopper Keg...

Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 AM

21 posts, read 101,380 times
Thanks for the input gang!

It's a relief to hear about craigslist getting their act together on that.

From the looks of things I've got a busy week ahead of me.

olecapt: do you happen to know if any of these video places will pass me up because I don't have a sheriff's card? Do you think I should get one before I start going to those places?

Kim: I actually saw that Kopper Keg was hiring, so I'm going there tomorrow.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:00 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing_bing View Post

olecapt: do you happen to know if any of these video places will pass me up because I don't have a sheriff's card? Do you think I should get one before I start going to those places?

YOu have to get hired before you can get a Sheriff's card.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing_bing View Post

Good luck!!! You have one of you down and one to go! You are one the right track!!

Old 09-27-2008, 03:00 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Do you know any tricks?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas