Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
The EDR food in most hotels in Las Vegas is perfectly edible and its free....it may not be MOM's home cooking but it's FREEEEE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 01:04 PM

102 posts, read 275,186 times
I have always wondered about the EDR's. Interesting.

As a side note I might say...having eaten at many buffets over the years I have also run the "bathroom dash."
I found that avoiding the salads helped. One would think the salads were a good choice at an otherwise questionable buffet. But I have had more luck since avoiding them.

So maybe take note of what you eat on the days you have problems...and try to eliminate (sorry) them from the next meal.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
IT USED to improve your chances in our EDR, of eating 3 meals a day and then takin enough food home to feed a family of 35....When the head cook in the EDR went to Mexico on LOA for 6 months, the food costs dropped to much that they decided to REALLY lower food costs....

I still don't see how speaking Spanish affects the quality of EDR food.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Speakin QUANTITY as well as quality....i.e. if ya speak Spanish you get the FRESH bacon if ya don't ya get the stuff thats been sittin there all morning.....

Old 09-28-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Speakin QUANTITY as well as quality....i.e. if ya speak Spanish you get the FRESH bacon if ya don't ya get the stuff thats been sittin there all morning.....
Doesn't work that way at our property. Everyone gets the same bacon, no matter what language they speak.

The only thing that affects quality around here is time of shift -- graveyard gets the worst food. Dayshift, of course, gets the best stuff.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Doesn't work that way at our property. Everyone gets the same bacon, no matter what language they speak.

The only thing that affects quality around here is time of shift -- graveyard gets the worst food. Dayshift, of course, gets the best stuff.
Thats the way it works here now also.....but twasnt always.....

When I was at the Nugget in Atlantic city wayyyyy back....we had a GREAT policy there.....EVERY PERSON[Executive type] that drew a paycheck from GNAC was REQUIRED to eat in the EDR once each month....they were NOT permitted to dine with another Exec, and they were required to submit an evaluation toe the F&B Director by the 5th of each month [and he kept track too]

We had, by far, the FINEST EDR food I have ever eaten. I KNOW that our cooks are capable....but no one in the Exec floor pays attention and its normal for things to slip.....

Old 09-28-2011, 03:15 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
One thats gotten me is the fruit, primarily watermelon cantaloupe and honeydew. Always a lill too soft, I have eliminated that as well as the chipotle mayo at the salad bar.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:36 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
Quote:

That’s because some of the cooks don’t like us gringo's. And while your resort may have policy against this special treatment. I can guarantee that it happens. I have seen enough video coverage in my lifetime on this issue that F&B managers seem to not be able to get a grip on.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
Quote:
Thats the way it works here now also.....but twasnt always.....

When I was at the Nugget in Atlantic city wayyyyy back....we had a GREAT policy there.....EVERY PERSON[Executive type] that drew a paycheck from GNAC was REQUIRED to eat in the EDR once each month....they were NOT permitted to dine with another Exec, and they were required to submit an evaluation toe the F&B Director by the 5th of each month [and he kept track too]

We had, by far, the FINEST EDR food I have ever eaten. I KNOW that our cooks are capable....but no one in the Exec floor pays attention and its normal for things to slip.....
When Goldberg was running Bally's back in the 90's. He killed the execs ability to comp themselves in the hotel. It was amazing how better the food improved once they where forced to eat in the EDR.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
One thats gotten me is the fruit, primarily watermelon cantaloupe and honeydew. Always a lill too soft, I have eliminated that as well as the chipotle mayo at the salad bar.
Cantaloupe is a MASSIVE source of foodborne illness.

The germs are on the rind. The cook cuts through the fruit with a knife. And all those germs get smeared all over the fruit.

The correct way is to wash the cantaloupe. Then cut off the top and bottom. Then wash the knife. Then slice away the rind as you would a watermelon. Then wash the knife. Then cut fruit into desired pieces.

NOBODY does this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas