Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this is the one the Show "Kids" have done for about 40 years, but it looks nasty. Fetish and Fantasy Halloween Ball*|*The World Famous Las Vegas Halloween Event!

Since we don't have many big production shows left, I don't know if the entertainers still do their Halloween Party anymore, but it was pretty risqué 40 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 02:27 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I don't know if this is the one the Show "Kids" have done for about 40 years, but it looks nasty. Fetish and Fantasy Halloween Ball*|*The World Famous Las Vegas Halloween Event!

Since we don't have many big production shows left, I don't know if the entertainers still do their Halloween Party anymore, but it was pretty risqué 40 years ago.
RICK MITCHELLS ARTISTS and MODELS BALL......held in the Ballroom of the Stardust Hotel.....

I was hired to do their photography one year....I was in the entrance, set up with a tripod, taking every person that came in .....like prom photos....

Joe Peters and Breck Wall had the BEST costumes that year[as every year]

A stunning brunette at the bar was buying me drinks...we made a date to meet after the Ball..for breakfast.....[about 8 in the morning]

They had the Costume awards about 3:00am

My "Date" won first place in the Female Impersonater Contest.......

I politely excused myself from breakfast.......

Old 09-28-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
RICK MITCHELLS ARTISTS and MODELS BALL......held in the Ballroom of the Stardust Hotel.....

I was hired to do their photography one year....I was in the entrance, set up with a tripod, taking every person that came in .....like prom photos....

Joe Peters and Breck Wall had the BEST costumes that year[as every year]

A stunning brunette at the bar was buying me drinks...we made a date to meet after the Ball..for breakfast.....[about 8 in the morning]

They had the Costume awards about 3:00am

My "Date" won first place in the Female Impersonator Contest.......

I politely excused myself from breakfast.......
Haaaaaa. That's the one. There used to be a cute little blond beautician on the Strip that everyone wanted to go out with. My buddy took "her" out and was in for the surprise of his life. You're lucky you found out in time ...or are you?

Old 09-28-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Haaaaaa. That's the one. There used to be a cute little blond beautician on the Strip that everyone wanted to go out with. My buddy took "her" out and was in for the surprise of his life. You're lucky you found out in time ...or are you?
MR KIM

SHIM worked in that Salon in the Joint next to the Riviera....Where Malcom worked.....

Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
The parade is for Nevada Day. Another amazing Nevada Day entertainment is going through that house at Flamingo and Sandhill. I think they open it one day per year for tours. It's owned by a doctor who was also a political figure here.

You can't miss it, there's a space shuttle in the back yard. I drive by the shuttle all the time, going south on Sandhill. You can't see everything because of a wall but it looks interesting. This house is one of a kind and you can't see it anywhere else.

If you're on the Strip, all you have to do is walk out of your hotel. It's a great holiday to be in Vegas. And you get Nevada Day too.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
The parade is for Nevada Day. Another amazing Nevada Day entertainment is going through that house at Flamingo and Sandhill. I think they open it one day per year for tours. It's owned by a doctor who was also a political figure here.

You can't miss it, there's a space shuttle in the back yard. I drive by the shuttle all the time, going south on Sandhill. You can't see everything because of a wall but it looks interesting. This house is one of a kind and you can't see it anywhere else.

If you're on the Strip, all you have to do is walk out of your hotel. It's a great holiday to be in Vegas. And you get Nevada Day too.
Lonnie Hamergrens house, but I think they stopped the tours because his humorless tightaxe neighbors whined to much.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
MR KIM

SHIM worked in that Salon in the Joint next to the Riviera....Where Malcom worked.....
Man, you are a walking Las Vegas encyclopedia. I wouldn't have remembered that name in a million years, although I knew the salon was in that area. I think she/he, and we, ate at the restaurant near there which I trust you will also recall the name of. My CRS is kicking in today. But that's where they met I think. Kim looked so good that you really had to slap yourself hard to return to reality.

I knew a guy at Ch-3 that hit on every woman that moved in his vicinity. We had some cross dressers in once for an interview (you might remember the three "girls" that the cops were harassing because they weren't really girls. That was back in about 1973. I remember it because it was a big news item for a while since, well, hey, this is Las Vegas, and the top cop I think was the one term wonder that let prostitution get so out of hand).

Anyway, Larry invited them to his office for a chat, and he was drooling all over them since they did look like beautiful "women". I said, you know they aren't really girls don't you? And he said yeah, but it was still hard to break his old habits.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 PM

There was a restaurant inside the .....hmmmm....mmmmm clamshell shaped place....then the Pepermill opened in about 73.....

MONTE CARLO......i remember Kim cause back in those days I had hair and Malcom was doing my hair....Kim had a chair in the Salon....and BOY did HERM make me question by....position......

Old 09-28-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I knew a guy at Ch-3 that hit on every woman that moved in his vicinity. We had some cross dressers in once for an interview (you might remember the three "girls" that the cops were harassing because they weren't really girls. That was back in about 1973. I remember it because it was a big news item for a while since, well, hey, this is Las Vegas, and the top cop I think was the one term wonder that let prostitution get so out of hand).

Anyway, Larry invited them to his office for a chat, and he was drooling all over them since they did look like beautiful "women". I said, you know they aren't really girls don't you? And he said yeah, but it was still hard to break his old habits.
Chief of the Vice Squad.....Kennedy.....brought all his pimp buddies in and they brought their girls and in 1979 I saw my FIRST EVER street walker on Fremont Street.....

Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
Quote:
Lonnie Hamergrens house, but I think they stopped the tours because his humorless tightaxe neighbors whined to much.
Darn! I was planning on going this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: