Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,260 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I have been doing a lot of research as far as area goes and what I would like but I was looking for some more personalized advice or recommendations on some communities to live in. Preferably furnished to start. I have searched through many privately listed homes or townhomes but I am trying to get more information on the units available in communities. It is for myself and a good friend. We are two younger males coming from NJ. My friend is transferring to UNLV to finish his degree and I have decided to move out here with him for the experience. I am financially stable and the job market woes do not worry me. I am aware that the general consensus is that the west, southwest, and southeast areas are usually the most desirable. But I am open to any suggestions if they seem fit. After some research I see communities such as Park Ave or The Manhattan seem nice. I like the fact that these units appear to be individually owned and then rented versus rented from the community itself. ( Tends to keep a nicer feel. )

As always though, I am open to whatever option seems to best fit.
Trying to stay slightly on the affluent side of things as a general thought if possible.

Looking for: ( But will consider all options )

- Rent under 1500
- Furnished
- Contemporary look or feel a plus
- 2 Bedroom
- 2 Car Garage Preferred ( We are car enthusiasts. )
- Nice upgrades / furniture

I saw a unit at the Park Ave. available that looked nice. It was an upgraded two bedroom with nice furnishings. They wanted roughly 1300 a month. This is a possibility but since I believe it is a shared underground parking garage, I want to still keep looking.

The apartment review websites give a lot of the complexes bad reviews which is why I came here. It is very difficult to decipher which is actually a nice place.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions!

Much appreciated,

Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,900,172 times
I'm in NJ too. Take me with you =(

Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 PM

412 posts, read 916,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost89 View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been doing a lot of research as far as area goes and what I would like but I was looking for some more personalized advice or recommendations on some communities to live in. Preferably furnished to start. I have searched through many privately listed homes or townhomes but I am trying to get more information on the units available in communities. It is for myself and a good friend. We are two younger males coming from NJ. My friend is transferring to UNLV to finish his degree and I have decided to move out here with him for the experience. I am financially stable and the job market woes do not worry me. I am aware that the general consensus is that the west, southwest, and southeast areas are usually the most desirable. But I am open to any suggestions if they seem fit. After some research I see communities such as Park Ave or The Manhattan seem nice. I like the fact that these units appear to be individually owned and then rented versus rented from the community itself. ( Tends to keep a nicer feel. )

As always though, I am open to whatever option seems to best fit.
Trying to stay slightly on the affluent side of things as a general thought if possible.

Looking for: ( But will consider all options )

- Rent under 1500
- Furnished
- Contemporary look or feel a plus
- 2 Bedroom
- 2 Car Garage Preferred ( We are car enthusiasts. )
- Nice upgrades / furniture

I saw a unit at the Park Ave. available that looked nice. It was an upgraded two bedroom with nice furnishings. They wanted roughly 1300 a month. This is a possibility but since I believe it is a shared underground parking garage, I want to still keep looking.

The apartment review websites give a lot of the complexes bad reviews which is why I came here. It is very difficult to decipher which is actually a nice place.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions!

Much appreciated,

Nick
I like Manhattan inside the community, but don't like what's outside. Immediate neighborhood around it is not very nice. It might be embarrassing to drive to until the gate closes behind you.
A place like Manhattan condos in a cleaner neighborhood with shops and restaurants right outside would be great. Wouldn't even need to upscale or high-end shops, but a a Fresh and Easy or Walmart Neighborhood Market and a Walgreens plus some places to eat like Chipolte, Cold Stone, Panda Express and a McDondald's would be a huge upgrade over what neighbors Manhattan today.
I like that they are elevator buildings so you can live upstairs without climbing stairs. I'm not sure if the floors are of high enough quality/density so that you won't hear upstairs neighbors stomping around on their hardwood and tile floors above you.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM

35 posts, read 38,598 times
Obvious places are Manhattan, Park Avenue, Boca Raton and Meridien. All are convenient to the strip and the university. Generally a younger demographic. Best in any is one inside parking space. Note the Meridien units may be the nicest of the set though they are older buildings. Boca does not have many furnished and is more expensive.

You could also consider Green Valley Ranch. Also convenient and you can likely find a small single family or a reasonable Townhouse.

OC says Meridien than Park Avenue than Manhattan.. He follows those places..

Last edited by TheAdmiral; 11-20-2011 at 06:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas