Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of cars with very dark window tint out there. I know most of them you cannot even see who is inside the car and what they are doing (especially at night). How are they going to enforce that? I know in CA it might work better since they really enforce the window tint laws, but here you can pretty much get away with it. I wonder how this is going to pan out? I'm sure the tint business is going to boom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,311,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
There are plenty of cars with very dark window tint out there. I know most of them you cannot even see who is inside the car and what they are doing (especially at night). How are they going to enforce that? I know in CA it might work better since they really enforce the window tint laws, but here you can pretty much get away with it. I wonder how this is going to pan out? I'm sure the tint business is going to boom.
Good point. I already have 5% on my rear window. I just ordered computer cut 15% front window tint for $14 off Ebay.

I put 5% on the fronts before, but it was too dark to see the mirrors at night and then I got a tint ticket so I scraped it off.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
Shave your legs BEFORE you leave the house!
And "manscaping" is never recommended in a moving vehicle.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
I'm gonna start driving around with toy cell phones and see what happens.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I'm gonna start driving around with toy cell phones and see what happens.

Get video and share please.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:29 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
I actually love using my bt ear piece. Since my work truck has a manual trans, I cannot even use a cell phone on my ear even if I wanted to. But I do notice people hate using them and still use the phone the old fashioned way.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I actually love using my bt ear piece. Since my work truck has a manual trans, I cannot even use a cell phone on my ear even if I wanted to. But I do notice people hate using them and still use the phone the old fashioned way.
I rarely talk on my phone, especially while in the car. If someone called I'd have to fumble out a bluetooth headset, turn on BT, and wait for it to connect. I have a manual trans too, I just use a raised shoulder during shifts. Probably a good thing that I don't talk much on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
I just ordered computer cut 15% front window tint for $14 off Ebay.
I installed my 15% tint today, it looks awesome. The only problem is that 15% is pretty dang dark, we'll see how long I can avoid a tint ticket. Most cars come with stock tint at 85% opacity, if you add 50% tint to the stock it will bring you down to 43% which is the legal limit on front windows here. If I get ticketed quickly I'll probably switch to 35% so it isn't so obviously illegal. No use having tint to keep coppers from seeing what you are doing if they are going to pull you over for the tint anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas