Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:01 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Wow... another Kool-Aid drinker. Yeah ,those protesters are just asking for free handouts, huh? Do you even know what they are asking for or does diarrhea naturally come out of your mouth without thinking? Just wondering.

You're right about one thing though: there will be lawlessness, but it won't be from the protesters. It'll be the ones who are supposed to be enforcing the law:

NYPD White Shirt KO's a Female Protester Today 10/14/11 - YouTube
You are one rude person. I am not a koolaid drinker and diarrhea doesn't come from my mouth. You are typical of someone who has no tolerance for someone else's views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,985,364 times
Quote:
You're right about one thing though: there will be lawlessness, but it won't be from the protesters. It'll be the ones who are supposed to be enforcing the law:
I'm OK with peaceful protests. After all, it is a protected right straight from the Constitution. People are mad as hell, they DESERVE to be mad as hell. And so long as they peacefully gather to be mad as hell, I'll support their right to do so.

None of us "kool-aid drinkers" questioned the legality of teabagger protests, after all. They got their protests. Now it's our turn.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM

Throwing bottles and other projectiles at law enforcement is hardly peaceful. That is what happened in New York.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Re-read what I said. Governmental regulators engaging in social engineering via unsound economic policies is the root cause. I never commented on the color of the skin of either Henry Cisneros or Roberta Achtenberg, the principal actors in the policy fiasco.
I've re-read your post. It ends with "people of color" taking out low-income loans. You brought it up, not me.

In my circle of acquaintances, the ones who were burned by the meltdown were the relatively well-off Caucasian speculators, who refinanced their primary residence, and used the money to buy three or four more properties -- each with an adjustable rate, no-principal loan.

They saw what people were doing from the late 90s until around 2005, and wanted in. They weren't investing, they were gambling. Plain and simple. They didn't have any savings to speak of, because they blew that wad on Escalades, Hummers, Coach handbags and Rolex watches. They lived like princesses on borrowed money.

They borrowed up to their eyeballs, and then couldn't come CLOSE to the monthly nut when the loans reset. With no savings, no equity, and not nearly enough income to cover their spread, they defaulted en masse, in 2008.

So, we could just as easily blame everything on white upper-middle class house speculators. Those of us who used credit wisely, bought houses within our means, and had savings to cushion the blow of the recession did just fine. The recession has been an annoyance to us, not a catastrophe.

There's a lot of blame to spread around. But that isn't productive. Better to find solutions than to find scapegoats.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:23 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You are one rude person. I am not a koolaid drinker and diarrhea doesn't come from my mouth. You are typical of someone who has no tolerance for someone else's views.
Sorry if I was rude, but stating obvious lies is not a "point of view," Pommy. If I say 1+1=47, that's not an "opinion". I have no tolerance for false statements... neither should you. No one is asking for a handout. They are protesting the big banks which have already received a handout.

You claim that the protesters "want something for nothing" which only underscores 1) your need to discredit these protesters, and 2) your complete lack of knowledge of their demands.

You spoke without thinking.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Sorry if I was rude, but stating obvious lies is not a "point of view," Pommy. If I say 1+1=47, that's not an "opinion". I have no tolerance for false statements... neither should you. No one is asking for a handout. They are protesting the big banks which have already received a handout.

You claim that the protesters "want something for nothing" which only underscores 1) your need to discredit these protesters, and 2) your complete lack of knowledge of their demands.

You spoke without thinking.
Oh please, the manifesto states that all people should make a living wage of $20 per hour even if they don't work. Isn't that wanting something for nothing? You spoke without researching.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Oh please, the manifesto states that all people should make a living wage of $20 per hour even if they don't work. Isn't that wanting something for nothing? You spoke without researching.
There is no manifesto. This isn't a communist uprising. You have a lot of different kinds of people, all mad as hell. Some have demands. Some don't. There is no leader. There's nobody CNN can sit down with and interview as the "leader of the Wall Street Protest Movement."

It's a bunch of people who are mad as hell. And trying to pigeonhole them isn't going to accomplish a damned thing. Sure, Fox Noise is interviewing the looniest of them, and presenting THAT as the typical protester. But that's what Fox does. No surprises there.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:34 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,708 times
Quote:
Throwing bottles and other projectiles at law enforcement is hardly peaceful. That is what happened in New York.
No, it didn't, until law enforcement went on the attack due to their intolerant nature.

No one ever said a protest had to be peaceful.

Does ANYONE study history anymore????? Ever heard of the BOSTON TEA PARTY or THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR?!?!?!?

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace — but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

Does that sound PEACEFUL????? Does anyone even recognize who made that speech and when???

According to the conservatives we should all lay down and accept our fate at the hands of big business and the wealthy. If they have money they must be right!!

Please see quote above.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:39 PM

Any lawless person who attempts to harm should face force IMO.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:39 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,708 times
In case anyone is still confused:

British Empire ---------------------> Plutocracy

Wall Street -----------------------> Plutocracy

Revolutionary War ----------------> Uprising against Plutocracy

Occupy Wall Street ---------------> Uprising against Plutocracy

Even Palin could follow the lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: