Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:39 PM

21 posts, read 54,592 times

Advertisements

If I was in your situation. I would move to some place I could see myself living the rest of my life. You don't need to live in a big city. There is always an airport close by.

Establish yourself. Nothing crazy. Small comfortable home. Nice car.

Work in a field that you would pay money to do. Or better yet start a small business that caters to girls. Off the top of my head. Every girl loves to dance. Start a ballroom dancing studio.

Volunteer in the local area. Be it teaching kids how to read. Habitat For Humanity. Work at the local Pet Shelter.

You will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
LOL, platitudes don't work in the real world.. especially in Vegas. Most relationships in that city among the monied (whatever that is) and the beautiful are quid pro quo affairs. Either the woman wants to get what she does not have through you or she already has money and wealth and wont date a guy with less than her. I think you wrote this about your friend/sister/cousin or whatever who is a nurse and cant find a guy in Vegas because she does not want to to date a d**che bag. I think the secret to being successful with women is a pretty evident in most places...I just don't now how things work in Vegas.

Vegas, OC, LA, and Manhattan are not America.

Not to be unduly augmentative, and this is irrelevant, but your comment that war zone contractors in ASTAN making 250+ a year are not unique is like going into the lockerroom at USC and saying a lot of men play pro football. DOD 250K+ a year is a TS cleared IT guy, TS/SCI intel pro, PM, or maybe something to do with ISR ...you are active duty AF, right? In our world it may be common but I guarantee you there are more professional NFL players than there are contractors in ASTAN making 240K+. This is not iraq 2006 where there were 20,000 KBR people in country.

Contractors do tend to congregate in Vegas and Bangkok though...I think it has something to do with the transient nature of both places and the cheap real estate. I bought a condo just off the strip about 11 months ago for 40% of what it sold for a few years ago. It's also a great party town to boot.

Wealth, looks, and whatever else is all about prospective my friend. I was feeling pretty good when I got my insurance check, but I am sure there are others who spend that amount on private air-travel each year.

As stated earlier, I refuse to engage in short-term prostitution. I think it is tacky, dirty, and maybe even a bit dangerous.
My wife makes a lot more than I do. Had a much better credit score than I did when we met and was a lot more organized with life compared to myself. Yet she saw something in me and fell in love. Im not going to say that I was a complete deadbeat(very far from that) but I at least had a few dollars in the bank, stable career, never been to prison and no baby mamas from back in the day. It is possible. When dating you should consider what the person can also do for you, not just what you can do for them.

Yes I did say something similar to that about my sister-in-law who (as far as I know) is still single and looking. She is on the super shallow side. She makes good money so she wants someone who makes great money. She is pretty attractive so she wants someone that is even more attractive. She works out a lot so she wants...you get the picture. But I have to add that she was not always like this. I remember her telling me a story about how she dated a cook for a small restaurant back when she was in college. They were in love. He cheated. She changed. The story goes on from there...

By the way. I think just about every single contractor I have met has a Bangkok story.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC5Wes View Post
If I was in your situation. I would move to some place I could see myself living the rest of my life. You don't need to live in a big city. There is always an airport close by.

Work in a field that you would pay money to do. Or better yet start a small business that caters to girls. Off the top of my head. Every girl loves to dance. Start a ballroom dancing studio.

Volunteer in the local area. Be it teaching kids how to read. Habitat For Humanity. Work at the local Pet Shelter.

You will be fine.
Or a strip club.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
My wife makes a lot more than I do. Had a much better credit score than I did when we met and was a lot more organized with life compared to myself. Yet she saw something in me and fell in love. Im not going to say that I was a complete deadbeat(very far from that) but I at least had a few dollars in the bank, stable career, never been to prison and no baby mamas from back in the day. It is possible. When dating you should consider what the person can also do for you, not just what you can do for them.

Yes I did say something similar to that about my sister-in-law who (as far as I know) is still single and looking. She is on the super shallow side. She makes good money so she wants someone who makes great money. She is pretty attractive so she wants someone that is even more attractive. She works out a lot so she wants...you get the picture. But I have to add that she was not always like this. I remember her telling me a story about how she dated a cook for a small restaurant back when she was in college. They were in love. He cheated. She changed. The story goes on from there...

By the way. I think just about every single contractor I have met has a Bangkok story.
Yea, that's the problem with Americans...they are poor at accurate self-assessment and have unrealistic expectations. They always think they are entitled more than they lay legitimate claim to.

Your sister in law is prolly in the 65-70th percentile of women in terms of desirability/package. That's nothing to shake a stick at. A young good looking nurse who keeps in shape with no kids. Heck, maybe even 75th percentile...but she feels she has to date a man in the 80th percentile so she is constantly looking up instead of parallel or even slightly down. Well, guess what?.. so is everybody else. Guys are guys and "date", but the semi-smart ones are not really looking to marry down either....so the pretty 7 gets jaded and feels used although she fails to realize that she is is trying to use the man too...

It's a viscous and silly circle.

When I took that Cali girl to the Olive Garden and she looked down upon me I realized that I was outta my league. Some will say that I lack confidence for not pursuing this type of woman and a bunch of other baloney. I think it's just being honest with oneself and exercising a judicious use of resources....plenty of girls do like the Olive Garden so why try for the ones that don't.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC5Wes View Post

You will be fine.
Yes, i think it's smart not to overextend oneself and live modestly.

A lot of fools blow through money. I have some buddies that play pro ball and most most of them wasted their money. I think Ed O'bannon made millions in the NBA and now sells used cars off the strip. Not bad work or nothing, but I am sure that's not what he wanted to do when he was a 1st round draft choice will millions.

Vegas is just so appealing because of the weather, low cost of living as long as ones stays off the strip, and great deals on homes.

And Lake Las Vegas is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like an ideal community.

I have a hard time around people and don't like animals or kids so I may not volunteer but I do believe in helping out those in need and bettering society.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Yea, that's the problem with Americans...they are poor at accurate self-assessment and have unrealistic expectations. They always think they are entitled more than they lay legitimate claim to.

Your sister in law is prolly in the 65-70th percentile of women in terms of desirability/package. That's nothing to shake a stick at. A young good looking nurse who keeps in shape with no kids. Heck, maybe even 75th percentile...but she feels she has to date a man in the 80th percentile so she is constantly looking up instead of parallel or even slightly down. Well, guess what?.. so is everybody else. Guys are guys and "date", but the semi-smart ones are not really looking to marry down either....so the pretty 7 gets jaded and feels used although she fails to realize that she is is trying to use the man too...

It's a viscous and silly circle.

When I took that Cali girl to the Olive Garden and she looked down upon me I realized that I was outta my league. Some will say that I lack confidence for not pursuing this type of woman and a bunch of other baloney. I think it's just being honest with oneself and exercising a judicious use of resources....plenty of girls do like the Olive Garden so why try for the ones that don't.
The running joke with the family about my sister-in-law is that she is going to fall in love with some short, fat, car mechanic. I remind her all the time. lol

I understand that you want a "model type" chick but what else are you into? as far as women? You want a woman that has a career? Job? Own home? College degree? Kids? Race? Body type? Hobbies? Religion?

So much to the equation. You never mention any of this. If none of what I listed above matters to you then it should be extremely easy to find a decent girl.

I know plenty of girls in Vegas that would consider Olive Garden a good lunch date. Dinner date not so much. Especially when you have much better variety on or near the strip.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:48 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Even though this is the silver state (due largely to all the silver-haired retiree's in this state), as long as you've got a good supply of Kruegerrands, it doesn't matter if you're missing your toes, fingers, eyebrows, ears, hair or if your belly button is between your nipples, hot women will discover you!

And don't be surprised if hot men don't discover you as well!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
The running joke with the family about my sister-in-law is that she is going to fall in love with some short, fat, car mechanic. I remind her all the time. lol

I understand that you want a "model type" chick but what else are you into? as far as women? You want a woman that has a career? Job? Own home? College degree? Kids? Race? Body type? Hobbies? Religion?

So much to the equation. You never mention any of this. If none of what I listed above matters to you then it should be extremely easy to find a decent girl.

I know plenty of girls in Vegas that would consider Olive Garden a good lunch date. Dinner date not so much. Especially when you have much better variety on or near the strip.
The problem with meeting people is that you should do it in your peer group or social circle..school and work are the best as you know what you are getting. ..church is ok too but it's too full of hypocrites for my taste.

If you have no peer group or social circle, like me, then you are SOL. How many warzone contractors meet their wives at KAF or Bagram? LOL. Many of those guys go to Vegas and Bangkok because they can pay for what they want and not have to form meaningful and wholesome relationships. I am generalizing but you get my drift....living in and out of reality for long periods of time does weird things to folks.

I am not weird, just shy and socially awkward....I stuttered as a kid so I am very introverted. I am good looking though and in awesome shape. I will go to school in the fall..but as a 33 year old freshman with one hand walking around Harvey Mudd or UC Boulder I will stick out like a sore thumb...again, no real peer group. I will be 37 by the time I graduate and start work. I won't live on campus and if I get a house in Vegas I will commute on the weekends.

Plus women will be confused by a 35 year old undergrad at a good school with some cash....It's hard to explain and I am not good at communicating with people. I tried a speed dating thing in Vegas and I walked out after the 3rd "date" because I came across as an unemployed and unemployable insurance grifter who planned to perpetually live off unemployment benefits for life. Maybe I am taking full advantage of the system--especially with the wage differential benefit but it's not illegal or shady. Women don't want to hear that you are on unemployment and disability on a first date and won't wait around for the whole story to emerge.

Now you see my problem?

As for the type of women in Vegas I am targeting, all is secondary to her being very beautiful.

Who knows your sister might lucky and land that 32 year old stud triathlete cardiologist.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:18 AM

13 posts, read 21,683 times
brothels in Parump only 45mins away and they also have free limo service.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 AM

719 posts, read 1,480,006 times
Okay, $1 million is a crazy amount more than I have or will ever have at this point in life, however, just from reading this forum and knowing what I know here in Nashville, the OP needs to realize that $1 million just is not that much. Being a sugar daddy with style in a big city takes more than having $1 million, imo. He needs to relax and date to get to know women and find one that he is compatible with. He needs to let go of this "I must have a perfect looking woman to offset my insecurity of not having a hand". etc And then, he will find happiness. (My happy thought for the day LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas