Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:16 AM

719 posts, read 1,476,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
What's with the the 5'9 230 pound balding 55 year old with the 25 yo blonde bombshell? he sure ain't perfect but her looks almost are.
He either has a great personality and is a lot of fun and makes his woman feel loved and safe, OR he has a good deal more than $1 million in the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:15 AM

41 posts, read 71,378 times
Quote:
plenty of girls do like the Olive Garden so why try for the ones that don't.
I love Olive Garden! I like Red Lobster too!

Old 10-25-2011, 07:24 AM

525 posts, read 895,792 times
yea don't show off your money and be patient, don't rush into anything and life will be good.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM

422 posts, read 1,080,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Du Jour View Post
brothels in Parump only 45mins away and they also have free limo service.
Free??? Isn't it included in 'services'?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,215,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Probably a fake post but .....oh well.

I work with several guys who have prosthetic limbs. Both arms and legs. They have ZERO issues with finding women. Sometimes I even think that they get more action BECAUSE of their prosthetic limbs. One guy that I work with rotates between 3 or 4 different style arms. One of the arms is a "Terminator style" arm. We all went out to lunch one day and it was all eyes on him. The arm is pretty bad ass and very detailed.

Similar to this.
Interesting! I never thought about how someone with prosthetic limbs would have various ones to choose from. Do they get up in the morning and look at their arms like I look nat the tops in my closet and ask myself "Which one do I feel like wearing today?"

Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,610,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Interesting! I never thought about how someone with prosthetic limbs would have various ones to choose from. Do they get up in the morning and look at their arms like I look nat the tops in my closet and ask myself "Which one do I feel like wearing today?"

... And on the other hand ...

Jonathan

Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,109,624 times
Quote:
The problem with meeting people is that you should do it in your peer group or social circle..school and work are the best as you know what you are getting. ..church is ok too but it's too full of hypocrites for my taste.

If you have no peer group or social circle, like me, then you are SOL. How many warzone contractors meet their wives at KAF or Bagram? LOL. Many of those guys go to Vegas and Bangkok because they can pay for what they want and not have to form meaningful and wholesome relationships. I am generalizing but you get my drift....living in and out of reality for long periods of time does weird things to folks.

I am not weird, just shy and socially awkward....I stuttered as a kid so I am very introverted. I am good looking though and in awesome shape. I will go to school in the fall..but as a 33 year old freshman with one hand walking around Harvey Mudd or UC Boulder I will stick out like a sore thumb...again, no real peer group. I will be 37 by the time I graduate and start work. I won't live on campus and if I get a house in Vegas I will commute on the weekends.

Plus women will be confused by a 35 year old undergrad at a good school with some cash....It's hard to explain and I am not good at communicating with people. I tried a speed dating thing in Vegas and I walked out after the 3rd "date" because I came across as an unemployed and unemployable insurance grifter who planned to perpetually live off unemployment benefits for life. Maybe I am taking full advantage of the system--especially with the wage differential benefit but it's not illegal or shady. Women don't want to hear that you are on unemployment and disability on a first date and won't wait around for the whole story to emerge.

Now you see my problem?

As for the type of women in Vegas I am targeting, all is secondary to her being very beautiful.

Who knows your sister might lucky and land that 32 year old stud triathlete cardiologist.
Social groups with your peers is very important and ideal to meeting good friends/dates. You are right about school and work being the best place to find them. If it wasn't for my co-worker friends in Vegas, I probably would not have many friends. Maybe one or two but because of work I have a potential 30+ people(out of over 500) to hang out with. I'm sure when you start school you wont even have time for women but if you do it will be with someone who you least expect. Probably gonna be some average looking girl that you fall in love with.

By the way...I am at KAF right now. This place is getting way too crowded.

The part in red above is ..Is that all that you care about? Have you always dated beautiful women? I got a feeling you will find your beatiful woman and she will ruin your life. Hope it will be worth it for you.

And my sister will not get that lucky. She passed up on two of my friends/co-workers that she thought were "extremely cute"(her words). One is a civilian that works on Nellis as a safety inspector.(He was too short) The other was stationed with me in Italy and recently divorced. She was really into him but but he has kids so she passed.

I'm sure she will find something wrong with the 32 year old stud triathlete cardiologist.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,109,624 times
Quote:
Kinda. But they mostly have the basic everyday do everything (arm/leg). Then maybe a special occasion limb. Some guys I have met have a light weight limb for doing extreme activities. Then they may have a "test" limb that a doctor lets them try out and get feedback from before it goes on the market. A lot of guys/girls in the military get access to new technological advanced limbs before they are massed produced. Its pretty cool.

My friend with the missing leg has a pirate's wooden leg for Halloween.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:33 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,979,798 times
Quote:
There have been marked and dramatic improvement with prosthetic limbs as a result of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. The body armor used today has done a phenomenal job at protecting the vital body parts. In past conflicts guys would have died, now they just get appendages blown off.

Prior to the recent advancements, people had situational limbs---as in plural. Now, if one has access to it, a single prosthesis is completely functional and is quite aesthetic. 95% of people will not notice that the model I have is not "real" unless they are intentionally trying to spot it.

Once one learns to fully use it, typing, pulling a trigger, cradling a baby, are all possible.

In five to ten years some prostheses will exceed the capabilities of natural limbs.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:38 AM

9,478 posts, read 12,215,835 times
Quote:
There have been marked and dramatic improvement with prosthetic limbs as a result of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. The body armor used today has done a phenomenal job at protecting the vital body parts. In past conflicts guys would have died, now they just get appendages blown off.

Prior to the recent advancements, people had situational limbs---as in plural. Now, if one has access to it, a single prosthesis is completely functional and is quite aesthetic. 95% of people will not notice that the model I have is not "real" unless they are intentionally trying to spot it.

Once one learns to fully use it, typing, pulling a trigger, cradling a baby, are all possible.

In five to ten years some prostheses will exceed the capabilities of natural limbs.
I used to work next door to a physical therapy place that also made prosthetics. An employee that i was friendly with showed me some of the things they were working on and they were pretty amazing.

I do have to ask, though, what is a "special occasion" limb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas